“Great little boutique hotel for business or pleasure”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Victoria, Canada
“Great little boutique hotel for business or pleasure”
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is the second time that I have visited this great little hotel in the heart of downtown Victoria. The rooms are clean and quiet, lots of unusual add ons such as Nespresso coffee machines. Restaurant is top quality, not too expensive. Polite and helpful staff. Attended a small conference here. Conference Room adequate for a small group, but it couldn't take more than about 30 people I would say. Iwould say this hotel is our of the ordinary - in a good way.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the street
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2017
Dear Anna B,

Thank you for the kind feedback and for choosing The Magnolia for your hotel and small conference needs.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed a clean and quiet stay and our little touches, like in-room Nespresso machines, stood out to you as nice elements of a boutique hotel stay,

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back with us again in Victoria for a third stay and hopefully many more

If I can be of service at any time, please let me know

Direct Tel: 250.412.8480

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Our 3rd or 4th stay: Our room on the 6th floor was tastefully decorated - large window looking west to the harbour - very comfortable bed - great lobby - friendly staff - good continental breakfast included. All at a reasonable cost. Recommended. We will return.

Room Tip: 6th and 7th floors
  • Stayed January 2017, travelled on business
Dear Felley,

Thank you for the kind words and lovely feedback.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your 6th floor view room, and our staff met your needs so well,

I hope we see you again soon, and if I can be of service in any way please reach out to me and let me know

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the door we received a friendly welcome and the staff were so helpful. Our room was quite spacious for a hotel room with a massive bed. The bathroom with bath and shower was modern, clean and nicely renovated. From our room we could see a bit of the harbour and even snow on the mountains in the distance. The hotel is in a great location. Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your business and your kind feedback.
So nice to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and found us lovely with helpful service.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again,

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful boutique hotel. Great service, beautiful rooms. Lots of little extras that make a hotel stay more pleasant like Nespresso machines in the rooms, phone chargers, razors, makeup removers etc. Very comfortable bed. And the restaurant is top quality. All this for a very reasonable price. I only booked here because the Empress was full but I will stay here from now on!

Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicola L
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. I am so pleased that you found your way to Magnolia and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms, and our little touches like in room Nespresso made an impact on your visit.

If I can be of personal service in any way, please let me know

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2017

This is my third time staying at Magnolia during a business trip. Staff service is always excellent. while the Restaurant and Bar need an upgrade, the food is still delicious! The staff during dinner were attentive, polite and knowledgeable about the menu. Breakfast was a stark contrast - the server at breakfast seemed overwhelmed and unfamiliar with the menu even though there was only a few customers.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled on business

Dear AdvisorHD,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay.
It was our pleasure to welcome you and I appreciate the feedback.

We will certainly work with our team on the constructive feedback you provided.
We aspire to provide an exceptional boutique hotel experience in every way, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed a number of elements of your visit.

If I can be of personal service in booking your next stay, please let me know.

Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I enjoyed my stay in a fabulous corner room with lovely view of the legislature. All my needs were attended to as a guest of the hotel. The only complaint lies with the contracted restaurant which had a pitiful continental breakfast with a serving of surly on the side.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled solo

1 Thank AnEducatedAdventurer
Saanichton
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Beautiful little boutique hotel situated in the midst of downtown Victoria. Easy walking access to dozens of restaurants, pubs and other entertainment venues. Parking is a little expensive but service is incomparable.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple