“5* Service Experience - Exceptional”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Kelowna, Canada
“5* Service Experience - Exceptional”
Reviewed 19 February 2017

As an avid traveler I am always on the search for exceptional experiences when visiting hotels around the world. The Magnolia Hotel and Spa went above and beyond with their clairvoyant service standards. From the time of booking every single need we requested was accommodated.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a warm room with fresh cut roses and champagne for Valentine's Day (that my husband arranged in advance with the Concierge) our robes (which are the BEST I have yet to find in hotels) were laid on the bed - the scene was set for a perfect evening.

Every touch in the room ensured comfort from the gas fireplace to the Nespresso coffee (and REAL milk in the fridge) this hotel really cares about the experiences it's guest have.

Centrally located in downtown Victoria The Magnolia is in walking distance to every attraction with a fraction of the cost that the most prominent hotels in town charge. Right across the street is a delicious farm to table restaurant called 10 Acres - which we also adored.

Upon check out, I had to travel with my roses and the front desk team gracefully wrapped them and ensured they had plenty of water for my journey home. By the way, I loved the robes so much we purchased two for our house.

Highly recommend a stay at the Magnolia when you visit Victoria. 10 stars!

Room Tip: corner suites with fireplace,
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Great hotel in a very central location. Excellent service and amenities for a reasonable price. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Definitely recommend this hotel to others looking to visit and explore beautiful Victoria.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled on business

West Vancouver
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I Hhghly Recommend this property for great service, ambience and setting. It is located in a trendy neighbourhood, convenient to sightseeing. As well if you situated on the harbour which is beautiful and convenient. Lots of great stores and restaurants! A great find!

• Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2017

My significant other and I went for a romantic weekend away. We were upgraded to a suite and welcomed with champagne and a charcuterie board. They took extra special caution with myself having celiac disease.

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Th spa was wonderful, the front staff wonderful, the room was beautiful, will definitely return here again. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at, the people the atmosphere,the food all excellent

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2017
Dear Dragonfly1987,

Thank you for the truly kind feedback on your recent stay.
We appreciate your business, and I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the room and our wonderful staff met your needs.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,

If I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is the second time that I have visited this great little hotel in the heart of downtown Victoria. The rooms are clean and quiet, lots of unusual add ons such as Nespresso coffee machines. Restaurant is top quality, not too expensive. Polite and helpful staff. Attended a small conference here. Conference Room adequate for a small group, but it couldn't take more than about 30 people I would say. Iwould say this hotel is our of the ordinary - in a good way.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the street
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
Dear Anna B,

Thank you for the kind feedback and for choosing The Magnolia for your hotel and small conference needs.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed a clean and quiet stay and our little touches, like in-room Nespresso machines, stood out to you as nice elements of a boutique hotel stay,

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back with us again in Victoria for a third stay and hopefully many more

If I can be of service at any time, please let me know

Vancouver
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Our 3rd or 4th stay: Our room on the 6th floor was tastefully decorated - large window looking west to the harbour - very comfortable bed - great lobby - friendly staff - good continental breakfast included. All at a reasonable cost. Recommended. We will return.

Room Tip: 6th and 7th floors
  • Stayed January 2017, travelled on business
Dear Felley,

Thank you for the kind words and lovely feedback.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your 6th floor view room, and our staff met your needs so well,

I hope we see you again soon, and if I can be of service in any way please reach out to me and let me know