“Another wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

It was our second stay at the Abbeymoore. Ann and Ian were wonderful to us and we enjoyed our stay very much. It is certainly the best B&B that we've ever been to! The food is always delicious and the house is very warm and cozy. We stayed in the master bedroom this time. (Rose room last time) both are really fun.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petervaneenoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I push open the door and the scent of beeswax and fresh flowers transports me to an era when the pace was slower and life more gracious. Ian, the innkeeper welcomes me with a pot of tea and freshly baked scones, while explaining that the resident ghost is friendly.
I’m at Abbeymoore Manor, one of seven Historic Inns in a group of independently owned and operated inns, in Victoria at the southern tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Each is a Victorian or Edwardian residence meticulously restored as fully accredited, 4-5 star B&Bs.
“We serve sherry for our guests in the library at 5:30 p.m.,” the innkeeper says.
I stay in three inns over three nights and visit the rest. Each is different, infused with the personality of its original owner, and surrounded by English-style gardens. My rooms have ultra-modern ensuites and divinely comfortable four-poster beds.
Another innkeeper tells me, “Here visitors get a place to stay filled with character. We also offer seven packages that include tours like Flavours of Victoria and Glorious Gardens. The favorite is the whale watching tour.”
The sub-Mediterranean climate of southern Vancouver Island has encouraged growth in food and drink producers, which has created a vibrant slow food scene here. My September visit ensures I enjoy the bountiful harvest at some of the many producers. I tour Victoria Spirits, the home of Victoria Gin, a few wineries, and Sea Cider Farm with heritage apple trees of sixty varieties and a wonderful tasting menu. And I eat at Pescatores, Paprika, and Chou Chou, a miniscule charcuterie.
All my gourmet breakfasts are made with locally sourced ingredients. One day, I eat on a sunny verandah where I meet guests from Europe and the United States. Another day and another inn, guests gather around a vast table in the formal dining room for the lightest lemon-ricotta pancakes I’ve ever tasted.
Today Victoria’s Historic Inns offer the best of both eras for discerning travelers, the taste of past and present.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank PhotosbyPharos
Nanaimo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

From our welcoming tour of the manor to the regretful leaving, two days later, we had such a warm and interesting time at the B&B. Michelle and Ian each served us a breakfast and allowed us to chat with them on a multitude of topics. They were informative and helpful, without overstepping personal boundaries. We had the run of the place, from port and TV time in the living room, beautifully decorated for Christmas; to the computer station on the landing, to fruit snacks and coffee and tea at our hearts' desire. As it is two blocks to Craigdarroch Castle and as the street from Government House, it was perfect to amble along, seeing a giant stag walking down the street and the squirrel and birds in the garden.To anyone who wants a pleasurable experience in a gracious city, I heartily recommend Abbeymoore Manor!

Room Tip: I chose the Rose room because I wanted a fireplace and a king-sized bed. The room had to be 20x20! T...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise C
langley
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My sister and I enjoyed two wonderful nights at the Abbymoore. Our room was very comfortable and spacious with the bonus of having a gas fireplace in the room. Ian and Michelle made the most fabulous breakfasts, one of the best we have had in awhile. We were able to walk downtown and to other interesting areas so cabs were not necessary. The hosts went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and welcoming we would recommend the inn to anyone traveling to the Victoria area.

Room Tip: check if you want a bathtub as not all rooms have one but they all have showers.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank pennymay
Howe
Reviewed 2 December 2011

In October, my husband and I made our second trip to beautiful Victoria! This time my cousin and her husband joined us. It was our second stay at the stunning Abbeymoore Manor and their first. All 4 of us have agreed that our stay at Abbeymoore is the best part of the trip to Victoria! That is saying a lot as Victoria has much beauty and grace to offer. Ian, Ann, and Michelle are hosts extraordinaire! They make you feel so at home that it is difficult to leave. The decor, the food, the cookies, the port, the fireplace...everything is top notch. Thanks to Ian, Ann, and Michelle!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubbe47
Madeira Park, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Abbeymoore Manor several times over the past few years. As someone who grew up in Victoria, in a neighbourhood near Rockland, I have cherished memories of a city that is harder to find in the first decade of the 21st century. But somehow when we stay at the Abbeymoore Manor, that wonderful place is restored to me -- a city of gracious streets and large houses, of Garry oaks so lovely in their architecture, the crisp winds off the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Every element of our stay was perfect: the bed, the breakfasts (the best of any B&B we've known), the kindness of the innkeepers, the long bathtub for reclining, the port decanter in the sitting room which made for a delicious nightcap.

Room Tip: We had the Master bedroom this time. We've stayed in some of the Fairmont hotels -- Chateau Laur...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank coastal32
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We picked the Abbeymoore by chance from their website and everything couldn't have turned out better. Ian , Anne and Michelle are the perfect hosts; friendly, entertaining, excellent cooks and a wealth of information on the island and area. The breakfasts were outstanding and the rooms so cofortable. The sheets are so soft and comfy we even ordered a set for home! I couldn't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple