Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Coffee and Desserts
Vancouver Island, Canada

Friendly service, good pool!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 25, 2023via mobile
Hotel's Favourite
I stayed here for a conference. and my kids came along. The service from everyone at guest reception was kind and efficient. We stayed on a floor that was undergoing renovations, but this didn’t really affect our stay. We would have liked our room to be made (as we stayed two nights) but - not a big deal.
The pool was great, and the continental breakfast options, though few, came in handy. I’d stay here again.
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded Dec 15, 2023
Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards, Amy Leonard
    C$269
    C$280
2.1 km from Sandman Hotel Victoria
Free parking
View more hotels in Victoria
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2023

The Sandman Hotel is currently under renovation and the hallways are a disaster! But they say nothing about this fact when you check in. When we were walking down the hallway there were two small unattended children who were sitting in front of a closed door. There was also a homeless man in the lobby with his two large dogs that night. The dogs were sitting in the chairs. Come to find out this hotel houses the HOMELESS but they do not disclose this fact. Come 10:00 PM we had to call down to the front desk and requests that they break up a loud disturbance in the hallway. We did NOT feel safe in this hotel. WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room tip: DO NOT CONSIDER STAYING HERE!
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2023

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry your stay was not up to standards. I am happy to let you know all renovations are complete and the restaurant is open! We would love the opportunity to have you back next time you are in town. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed May 1, 2023

Worst hotel I stayed in my life so far will never come back again. The room is smelly, the guy who stayed next to my room pushes computer chair around with boxes on it. The garbage bin outside the lobby was on fire, nobody was at Lobby after midnight when I tried to check out because I needed printed receipt. Worst was I checked out and I RSVP rewards told me they couldn't add my points because I'm still checked in to extend two more night which I didn't. I'm glad they fixed that for me though and still no clue why my stay got extended two more nights when I have already checked out. Also I called 0 to ask for water bottle, the front desk told me to come down and get. Then the 3rd night, the front desk told me I need to pay 2.50 for water bottles.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

I am so sorry to hear your stay was not up to standards. We are done renovations, restaurant is open and staff are fully train with someone at the front desk 24/7. If you are coming back to Victoria, We would love the opportunity to have you back and show you the changes. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed March 28, 2023

We will not stay here again. It is extremely loud, with paper thin walls that allow you to hear your neighbour peeing, footsteps down the hall, and people coming home from the bar. The heater made a disconcerting whine when it shut off (every 5 mins). The pots in our kitchenette were filthy, one of them full of something wet and rotting. Our view was of a bus depot parking lot, and the bright security lights shone in around our curtains all night. The sharp dresser drawer handle sticks out and sliced my leg. Staff were courteous but offered scant compensation for our sleepless night and gross morning.

Date of stay: March 2023
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2023

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry your stay was definitely not up to our standards and I would love the opportunity to learn more.

Reviewed January 10, 2023

If you are looking for accommodation in Victoria one the best place to stay. Downtown is easily accessible. Shout out to front desk and HSKP staff for great service. comfy beds, Indoor pool and hot tub 10/10.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2023

Thank you so much for 5 star review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again soon! Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed November 2, 2022 via mobile

The room was dated, furnishings scruffed, carpet soiled. The whole room was dilapidated.
There was a new mirror in the bathroom that had the new light bulb “painters taped” to it. There was construction materials just left in the hallway. We got in late and found out the restaurant was closed, permanently.
I slept fully clothed because it felt so dirty in the room.
We got up the next morning and stopped to get some breakfast before leaving. When I went in, I saw a mouse come out of the bowl of pastries and run down the table with a huge tail. I almost passed out.
We went and told the front desk and it didn’t seem to faze them.
This is the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Do not be deceived by the exterior that looks nice.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2022

Thank you so much for your review, I am so sorry your stay was absolutely not at our standards. We are happy to announce a new restaurant is coming in 2023 and we are renovating all our rooms. We hope you will give us another chance in the future, Kind regards, Amy Leonard