Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Edith P

Think twice before staying here, wouldn’t recommend

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 20, 2023
We expected more from this hotel. It seems to be located in a really rough area of Victoria, walking back to the hotel past 9pm was really quite scary. I would suggest that this would not be a good place to stay for any lone traveller. We didn’t think that the room was particularly clean, especially when we found underwear that didn’t belong to any member of our party on the sideboard. When we called reception about this we got a particularly unhelpful response. The hotel seemed to come alive post 10pm when all that could be heard was screaming children and adults. As seasoned travellers none of us felt particularly safe staying here.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Dec 15, 2023
I am so sorry to hear about your stay. We do have extra security working around the clock and happy to announce our restaurant and lounge is now open! I am extremely sorry your room was not up to standards and would love the opportunity to hear more. Kind regards, Amy Leonard
C$343
    C$267
    C$350
2.1 km from Sandman Hotel Victoria
View more hotels in Victoria
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2023 via mobile

We stayed at Sandman Victoria for 3 nights as part of a touring holiday of Western Canada. It’s located handily for the City Centre although the immediate vicinity is somewhat run down. Previously on our tour, we had stayed at very poor accommodation at this same company’s hotel in Revelstoke. However, we were advised that a major refurbishment had been more or less completed of the Victoria Sandman after raising concerns regarding our previous hotel stay. The quality of the room was indeed a major improvement with new furnishings and quality decor. However we discovered that sandwiched between the two bed sheets a soiled/stained duvet had been used on our bed. Some of this appeared to be dried blood. After complaint the duvet was replaced with apologies. It is worth noting this hotel appears to be being used in part as temporary accommodation for homeless persons. Nothing wrong with trying to help the desperate and needy of Victoria, but this needs careful management to respect the comfort of all guests - particularly when rooms cost over 200 dollars a night. The room was booked through an agency and so little by way of compensation was offered or forthcoming.

Room tip: There are better located hotels to consider
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2023

Thank you Dave for your review, I am so sorry you stay was definitely not up to standards and we did take serious measures to make sure the Sandman Victoria was up to higher standards including having a new housekeeping manager that has made sure things like this will not happen again! If you do make it back to the Victoria we would love the opportunity to have you here.

Reviewed May 25, 2023 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. and my kids came along. The service from everyone at guest reception was kind and efficient. We stayed on a floor that was undergoing renovations, but this didn’t really affect our stay. We would have liked our room to be made (as we stayed two nights) but - not a big deal.
The pool was great, and the continental breakfast options, though few, came in handy. I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed May 4, 2023

The Sandman Hotel is currently under renovation and the hallways are a disaster! But they say nothing about this fact when you check in. When we were walking down the hallway there were two small unattended children who were sitting in front of a closed door. There was also a homeless man in the lobby with his two large dogs that night. The dogs were sitting in the chairs. Come to find out this hotel houses the HOMELESS but they do not disclose this fact. Come 10:00 PM we had to call down to the front desk and requests that they break up a loud disturbance in the hallway. We did NOT feel safe in this hotel. WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room tip: DO NOT CONSIDER STAYING HERE!
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry your stay was not up to standards. I am happy to let you know all renovations are complete and the restaurant is open! We would love the opportunity to have you back next time you are in town. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed May 1, 2023

Worst hotel I stayed in my life so far will never come back again. The room is smelly, the guy who stayed next to my room pushes computer chair around with boxes on it. The garbage bin outside the lobby was on fire, nobody was at Lobby after midnight when I tried to check out because I needed printed receipt. Worst was I checked out and I RSVP rewards told me they couldn't add my points because I'm still checked in to extend two more night which I didn't. I'm glad they fixed that for me though and still no clue why my stay got extended two more nights when I have already checked out. Also I called 0 to ask for water bottle, the front desk told me to come down and get. Then the 3rd night, the front desk told me I need to pay 2.50 for water bottles.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

I am so sorry to hear your stay was not up to standards. We are done renovations, restaurant is open and staff are fully train with someone at the front desk 24/7. If you are coming back to Victoria, We would love the opportunity to have you back and show you the changes. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed March 28, 2023

We will not stay here again. It is extremely loud, with paper thin walls that allow you to hear your neighbour peeing, footsteps down the hall, and people coming home from the bar. The heater made a disconcerting whine when it shut off (every 5 mins). The pots in our kitchenette were filthy, one of them full of something wet and rotting. Our view was of a bus depot parking lot, and the bright security lights shone in around our curtains all night. The sharp dresser drawer handle sticks out and sliced my leg. Staff were courteous but offered scant compensation for our sleepless night and gross morning.

Date of stay: March 2023
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2023

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry your stay was definitely not up to our standards and I would love the opportunity to learn more.