Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Candice S
Peachland, Canada

Room smelled of URINE!

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 6, 2024
The room smelled STRONGLY of urine. Hit you like a slap in the face when the door was opened. I had to request a new room. The asst manager that was on did a great job but I find it quite disheartening to think that they would rent out a room that smelled so bad! Seriously the cleaning people are in those rooms and would have been able to smell it. I was horrified.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Read the reviews before you book.....I usually do but Sandman in my experience has been...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$435
  • eDreams
5.5 km from Sandman Hotel Victoria
View more hotels in Victoria
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2024

Outstanding stay at the Sandman Victoria!

Thank you to an amazing staff especially Anjali and Ore who were very friendly and helpful during check in and when I had any questions.

Rooms are beautiful. Pool is great. Location is top notch. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2023

Accommodating our needs in so many ways:
-reinstating our reservation after my husband was hospitalized for an extended period
- a delightful basket of goodies waiting for us in room
- sparkling clean rooms
- bountiful breakfast included
-considerate and helpful staff

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2024

Thank you so much, Phyllis! We appreciate your feedback and absolutely love having you and your husband here! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again, Amy Leonard

Reviewed December 1, 2023 via mobile

Do NOT stay here right now. Arrived to find out there is no restaurant/bar open right now even though they told me they would be open by now. TV didn’t work the entire time and internet didn’t work about 60% of the time. Front desk said they didn’t know why but that it happens quite regularly. I’ve stayed here in the past and it was fine but things seem to have fallen off a cliff…

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Amy Leonard, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2023

Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry your stay was not up to standards. Sadly there were delays on the restaurant opening that were beyond our control. However, I am happy to inform you that our restaurant and Lounge is now open. As for the TV, this has never happened before and our Cable provider came to fix the issue and TVs were up and running the next morning. I am so sorry for the inconvenience, if you are coming back to Victoria, I hope you do give us another try. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed August 3, 2023

Extremely rude front desk staff over a tiny problem. Wife had a small medical problem, away from me, in the lobby, and they refused assistance. Have stayed at Sandman before at other locations and was good.

Room tip: 5 - 10 minutes from downtown, bus service 1/4 block away
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdcookson

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry to hear there was an issue at the front desk. I would love the opportunity to hear for about this. Kind regards, Amy Leonard

Reviewed July 20, 2023

We expected more from this hotel. It seems to be located in a really rough area of Victoria, walking back to the hotel past 9pm was really quite scary. I would suggest that this would not be a good place to stay for any lone traveller. We didn’t think that the room was particularly clean, especially when we found underwear that didn’t belong to any member of our party on the sideboard. When we called reception about this we got a particularly unhelpful response. The hotel seemed to come alive post 10pm when all that could be heard was screaming children and adults. As seasoned travellers none of us felt particularly safe staying here.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 753edithp

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. We do have extra security working around the clock and happy to announce our restaurant and lounge is now open! I am extremely sorry your room was not up to standards and would love the opportunity to hear more. Kind regards, Amy Leonard