All reviewsnational car rentalroom was cleannight on the townbus routesclose to downtownno elevatorwould stay here againshort staystayed here for two nightsthe staff was friendly and helpfula great place to stayeasy accesswalking distanceenjoyed our staylobbylinensbc
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I had a great sleep - it was clean, quiet and had wonderful bedding (comfortable bed and duvets). The staff was extremely helpful and the advice I got was helpful in finding an apartment for my son while he is at university. I will definitely stay again when I come back!

Room Tip: I asked for a newly painted room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Our stay here was FABULOUS! The staff was excellent and very nice. We had stayed here once before, but when the hotel was known as Traveler's Inn. I have to tell you that the hotel is 100% cleaner and has a 'fresh' look to it. New beds are so comfortable, there is new carpets and paint. The manager was very, very friendly and gave us an awesome walk-in rate! We will definitely return to the Arbutus Inn when we come back to Victoria. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

It was a nice place, we got a free upgrade to king sized bed and jacuzzi in the room. Front desk staff was very friendly. Overall, highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.
We have made a lot of improvements and upgrades throughout the hotel and our hotel rooms. We have added new Serta beds and linens, flat screen TVs and new carpet to all the hallways, to name a few. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at the Arbutus Inn and look forward to your return.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We booked this hotel for a goodbye party in Victoria. The staff upon check-in was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were amazing. The furnishings were a pleasant surprise given the price, making it excellent value. The room was quiet, clean and the bed was super comfortable!! Would stay there again, highly recommended to anyone looking for a great value stay in Victoria.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank john2402951

Thank you very much for your review posting of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while you were in Victoria. I’m glad to see you made it home and hopefully you will one day return to visit our beautiful city.
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed at the Travellers Inn Central for 1 night on our way home from Victoria. Although it is obviously an older property, the age gave it more charm than harm.
The pillows were terrible. there were only 3 on the King bed, and they were very hard squares, not squishy or comfy at all.
The rooms were clean enough, but dated & in need of upgrades.
The shower was hot, but powerful enough for an elephant.
Location was alright, except for the fact that there are about 5 more Traveller's Inns in a 2 block radius, so it gets a bit confusing.
Front desk staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

Overall, not a bad stay & the price was right. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it, but if you are looking for a cheap place to stay and you're not too fussy, it might be the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy5Camper

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Since your stay with us we have made a lot of changes and improvements at the hotel.
New Serta beds with new gel pillows, upgraded the linens, added flat screen TVs and repainted all our hotel rooms. We have also updated the carpeting and lighting throughout the hotel hallways. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your visit to Victoria and please give us another try if you return to our beautiful city. I’m sure all our improvements will be worth the stay and value.
Hotel Manager