“Pretty Good Value for Money”
Review of Arbutus Inn

Arbutus Inn
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Arbutus Inn on short notice after we decided to stay a couple extra days while on holidays in Victoria. At the height of the tourist season we were happy to find a reasonably priced hotel that was clean and decently located. This hotel I believe was previously a Travellers Inn and happens to be the first hotel owned by the National Car rental chain. I believe that they have made some positive improvements at the hotel with some effort to modernize the rooms.

The room was a bit small, but clean. The one bad experience we had was one morning the cleaning staff walked into our room without knocked or making his presence known. I made mention to the front desk staff and they half-heartedly apologized and made some excuse that it was a "mix-up". I would suggest putting up the "do not disturb" sign to anyone staying there.

Despite the cleaning staff faux-pas, I would definitely stay again faced with budgetary constraints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Rooms in the upper floors have new beds and have good space.
Those in the lower floor are not the case.

There is no restaurant bit several arround the motel.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were worried at first when we found that this place we had booked online with one of the lowest prices in town was over 20 blocks from the city. It was a moderate hike on a Saturday evening into a lower end of town but it seemed safe enough. We arrived to find an older property but with new signs and name. The agent at checkin was helpful and friendly and we were happy to find we were put on the top floor since the night before at a different hotel we spent a sleepless night due to thin ceilings above us.
We found our room to be very quiet all night long. We didn't hear a thing. The mattresses and TV were new. The bathroom and AC need to be updated as well. The AC functioned but was weak, probably low on coolant. It served our purpose but would be willing to pay a little more to be closer into the city at a slightly nicer place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmodemd
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed for 12 days and found it to be excellent value. It is very quiet, very clean and very inexpensive. I will definately stay here again when in Victoria.

3  Thank cory235
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My experiance was made very comforting and enjoyable by the staff at the Arbutus Inn
They were very attentive and made sure i was most comfortable and satified with my room .
i had a realy good rest , the beds were super comfy
thanks again
Tony Johnson

1  Thank RohanJohnson
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I had a great sleep - it was clean, quiet and had wonderful bedding (comfortable bed and duvets). The staff was extremely helpful and the advice I got was helpful in finding an apartment for my son while he is at university. I will definitely stay again when I come back!

Room Tip: I asked for a newly painted room.
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Our stay here was FABULOUS! The staff was excellent and very nice. We had stayed here once before, but when the hotel was known as Traveler's Inn. I have to tell you that the hotel is 100% cleaner and has a 'fresh' look to it. New beds are so comfortable, there is new carpets and paint. The manager was very, very friendly and gave us an awesome walk-in rate! We will definitely return to the Arbutus Inn when we come back to Victoria. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family