US$314
Hotels.com
US$137
US$267
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$214
Official Website
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
US$354
US$337
  • Restaurant
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
US$332
US$325
US$215
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnational car rentalroom was cleannight on the townbus routesclose to downtownno elevatorshort staystayed here for two nightsthe staff was friendly and helpfula great place to stayeasy accesswalking distanceenjoyed our stayconvenient locationlobbylinensbc
Reviewed January 4, 2017

The Arbutus Inn has many makings of a great place to stay inspite of its location, but the general maintenance is lacking in consistency. It made a great first impression. The bed was very comfortable with nice sheets.
But there was hair left behind and dust on unused coat hangers. The pillows smelled of body odour. I asked the mature lady in charge to see to it, and she graciously complied. The young staff sat around too often while the hallway always needed some loving care.
In all we think there is a management problem.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vlastovka
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Dear Vlastovka,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvior. I am glad to know that you had a wonderful time in Victoria and the staff was accommodating to your request.
Many of our housekeeping staff have worked at the Arbutus Inn for many years and take a lot of pride in the work they do for each of our guests and visitors. We will use your review to improve. We thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

This is a clean , friendly , well run hotel., It is a short walk to downtown and all amenity's are close by. I found the staff both thoughtful and helpful. i had just moved from Ontario and the transition was smooth and easy, Excellent value and a great stay!!!...William Morkin

Room Tip: Monthly rate is excellent value. Great place to stay if your planning a move to '' VIC''!!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Hello William,
Thank you for the review and kind words on Tripadvisor. It was great to have you as a guest in the hotel. The staff and I really enjoyed taking to you getting to know you and to talk to you. All the best in your new place here in Victoria.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

We booked two rooms on the phone and it was more or less what we expected.We were at the far end on the lower level and the one room was quite large with a comfortable king size bed and the other was a fair bit smaller with all the same furniture so it was kind of cramped. The bathrooms were huge with a nice sized bath and separate large shower. I think they had been recently renovated. Our room was quiet but had a view of a large rental truck as they are also a rental place. The second room was noisier as it was on the parking lot side. No elavator but it is only a two storey. No on site restaurant but several close by. Overall a solid three and well priced. We would stay there again. Check out Spoons across the street for a retro diner experience.

Stayed: October 2016

Hello Gord R,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to read that you and your group enjoyed your stay at the Arbutus Inn. Also great you mention the tip of Spoons across the street. The feedback of guest going there usually always very positive and the value is also great. We look forward to seeing you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

I booked a room for a few nights. At the time of booking went smoothly accept I left my credit card behind. But the lady express VISA DEBIT was acceptable it would take about five business days to return the deposit to the account. I was okay with this and used it. after 5 business days and no money returned, I called to follow up. A gentleman answered and said there was a sign and it will take 5-6 weeks for the money to be returned. I explained, I never did see this sign and would be good to go over those rules properly before taking the card. He assured me at that money always gets returned. I asked him well what happens if it doesn't? He said he is "just employee and cannot help" then he hung up without curiosity to say goodbye.
5 Weeks later I called back, get the same gentleman. Told him I still have not received the money. This time he looked me up on the system and told me on the phone. Yes the money was returned and it is my banks issue. I go to my bank and they said no, there is nothing they can do expect for an investigation. I called a 3 time, and spoke to a lady who actually reviewed my account and she said, "oh yes we do owe you money. please come in for the refund."
I go to the counter and there was the gentleman I didn't want to assume it was the same person I was speaking to but when I started to explain the situation, he said, I am just an employee, nothing I can do.

I rarely write reviews and when I do it is usually positive but this "employee" left a sour taste in my mouth. I will never stay there again. And this "Sign" he said there was, was on the very end of the counter covered by other general reading material. not easily seeable for anyone booking their stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Hello Jackie E.
Thank you for your feedback. We am so sorry to ready the troubles you had in getting back your deposit. Usually there is never a problem with the return of any deposit. The Visa Debit card refunds sometime do take a long time once we release the funds and we do mention this at check in and also with the notice posted at the front desk.
When we looked into why the refund was not done for you we eventually figured out that your name was not on the reservation. Your name only came up on a side note in the Expedia reservation that you were going to be paying for the deposit. It would not show up on the actual room folio when staff would try and locate it. That was part of the reason the staff was having issues with trying to find your reservation because your name was not the actual name on the reservation. The details of a reservations from Expedia given to us are limited and these details go right into our reservation system and then we assign a room to the room type you selected. In the end I am very glad to see that you did get back your refund and I hope that your guest still managed to have a great time while in Victoria.

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

Way cheaper than most in Victoria. Pretty close to downtown. Rooms are clean but stuffy. The air conditioner helped. No bugs or pests. Close to a lot of good restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful but the hotel had few amenities. I gave a three because it's just ok, nothing other than the price made me think good or great.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Warren K
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Hello Warren K
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor....We appreciate your feedback.
Thank you again and we hope you enjoyed your time in Victoria.