“Excellent Food”
Review of Jam Cafe

Jam Cafe
Ranked #1 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Newly opened breakfast and lunch restaurant in Victoria, B.C.
Kingston
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Our son took us to this Cafe this September. The Food is utterly delicious. Would definitely go back there again. We had the delicious Angry Chicken meal (boiled egg in the center of a meatloaf) - excellent flavour. The waitress was wonderful and the atmosphere laid back and friendly. Wonderful Cafe. I can't comment on reservations, etc. as we were only visiting for a short time.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing pancakes!”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We went there to have pancakes for breakfast and we couldn't have asked for anything better: the pancakes were so tasty and the coffee was so good, it made an ideal start to our day. The place itself is very nice and the girls are cool and friendly. Definitely recommended if you're looking for genuine pancakes!

Calgary, Canada
“Food Five Stars Service Two”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The food was wonderful. Another restaurant to put on our "return whenever possible" list, at least in terms of the food. Unfortunately, the service wasn't equal to the food, I think because most of the clientele was half our age. Our waitress was quite willing to smile at and chat up those her own age, particularly males, but I think she was trying to discourage those over 30 from returning.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank 2HappyKampers
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing! I had pork in my drink and my pancakes.”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I just tried Jam for the first time after hearing good things, and it completely delivered. Started off with a caesar, which was solid and garnished with pickled asparagus and a maple bacon strip, super delicious, wife and I ended up having three of those each. Love a place that enables socially acceptable morning drinking.

Then I ordered pulled pork pancakes, because I love savoury breakfast dishes. Was initially disappointed with the amount of pulled pork (one solid scoop on top), until I realized that between the two pancakes there was ANOTHER FAT LAYER OF PULLED PORK. The jalapeno sour cream served with it was insanely good as well, cool yet bursting with spicy flavour, really inspired. Wife ordered the Charlie bowl, which is basically a massive bowl of potato cheese hash with southern style gravy and other good stuff. She couldn't finish it, recommended if you like big portions. Friend ordered the huevos, which also looked really good. I'm not sure there is a bad dish on the menu.

We went on a Thursday, didn't have to wait for a table, I'm sure there are waits on weekends because there are lines everywhere in Vic for weekend brunch, but totally worth it. Probably fairly affordable too if you don't order 6 cocktails with breakfast. Enjoy!!

• Visited August 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Worth the wait...”
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via Local Picks

My wife and I tried JAM for the first time - considering we live nearby and had only just heard of it, we were excited about another great breakfast joint in the neighbourhood.

Thank goodness it's not open for dinner, it's amazing!

We waited in line for about 20 minutes on Sunday just before noon. I grabbed a coffee across the street at Union Pacific and took it back or my wait. Only about a 1/3 of the way through my brew, I said to the lady who came to bring us in 'I guess I should throw this out' and to my delight and surprise, I was told JAM and Union Pacific had the same owners so I could bring it in (delicious coffee, btw). So then when we sat down at the counter (very cool place to eat a meal) and was offered a refill at no extra cost, that made my day.

The service was outstanding and very friendly.

But it was the food that blew us away. I had the pesto, ham frittata topped with grilled tomatoes (which I normally don't love but really enjoyed), spinach and bococcini cheese. Delicious. Everything tasted so fresh and delicious. Honestly, the only drawback was that the toast was a little bit cold.

My wife had a turkey, avacado and bacon club. The turkey was recently roasted and tasted so fresh and delicious. A few, large strips of bacon and healthy amount of avacado, too. I had a couple of bites, it was delicious. Came with a side of your choosing - the shoestring/matchstick fries were today's choice and were amazing. She also had a lemon-strawberry lemonade which was fresh and extremely refreshing.

With tip, the whole meal came to just around $35. Amazing deal for a great
morning. This could be our new spot.

Highly recommend this - we enjoy Shine on Blanshard and Fort, Spoons, John's Place and Floyd's as well, but this may be the new No. 1.

PS - the guy beside us had a bacon Caesar. Healthy sized strips of bacon sit at the bar next too the drink making station and make you instantly salivate when you walk in. Watching the bartender prep the drink made me want one too! Next time, Gadget... Anyway complete wih Worchestershire Sauce, Horseradish, Tabasco Sauce, Pepper, Salt, Rimmer and Clamato juice with Russian vodka, looked tasty!