“Solid food, nice space”

Jam Cafe
Ranked #1 of 89 Coffee & Tea in Victoria
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly opened breakfast and lunch restaurant in Victoria, B.C.
Victoria, B.C.
“Solid food, nice space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We've been to Jam about 5 times now. The whole family likes it but since I don't eat meat there are limited options on the menu so I tend to order "sides". Jam has some great attributes (good food, pleasant service, nice decor) so I will no doubt return but one or two more menu choices that wouldn't require a special request to "leave off the meat" would be appreciated...please and thank you.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kingston
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Our son took us to this Cafe this September. The Food is utterly delicious. Would definitely go back there again. We had the delicious Angry Chicken meal (boiled egg in the center of a meatloaf) - excellent flavour. The waitress was wonderful and the atmosphere laid back and friendly. Wonderful Cafe. I can't comment on reservations, etc. as we were only visiting for a short time.

• Visited September 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We went there to have pancakes for breakfast and we couldn't have asked for anything better: the pancakes were so tasty and the coffee was so good, it made an ideal start to our day. The place itself is very nice and the girls are cool and friendly. Definitely recommended if you're looking for genuine pancakes!

Calgary, Canada
“Food Five Stars Service Two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

The food was wonderful. Another restaurant to put on our "return whenever possible" list, at least in terms of the food. Unfortunately, the service wasn't equal to the food, I think because most of the clientele was half our age. Our waitress was quite willing to smile at and chat up those her own age, particularly males, but I think she was trying to discourage those over 30 from returning.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank 2HappyKampers
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing! I had pork in my drink and my pancakes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I just tried Jam for the first time after hearing good things, and it completely delivered. Started off with a caesar, which was solid and garnished with pickled asparagus and a maple bacon strip, super delicious, wife and I ended up having three of those each. Love a place that enables socially acceptable morning drinking.

Then I ordered pulled pork pancakes, because I love savoury breakfast dishes. Was initially disappointed with the amount of pulled pork (one solid scoop on top), until I realized that between the two pancakes there was ANOTHER FAT LAYER OF PULLED PORK. The jalapeno sour cream served with it was insanely good as well, cool yet bursting with spicy flavour, really inspired. Wife ordered the Charlie bowl, which is basically a massive bowl of potato cheese hash with southern style gravy and other good stuff. She couldn't finish it, recommended if you like big portions. Friend ordered the huevos, which also looked really good. I'm not sure there is a bad dish on the menu.

We went on a Thursday, didn't have to wait for a table, I'm sure there are waits on weekends because there are lines everywhere in Vic for weekend brunch, but totally worth it. Probably fairly affordable too if you don't order 6 cocktails with breakfast. Enjoy!!

• Visited August 2012