“Walking distance to downtown,across from Beaconhill Park”
Review of Helm's Inn

Helm's Inn
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Very nice hotel with large, clean and well decorated rooms. Ours with a all you need ktchenet. No restaurant on site but very close by and you have the option of cooking yourself your meal with the well equiped kitchenet. Right across the entrance of Beaconhill Park if you really enjoy a stroll in the park or need some open space for children to run and play.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Helm's Inn

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have been staying here at the Helm's Inn for nearly two weeks. I'm visiting Victoria while taking a class at the University of Victoria. Helm's Inn is clean and quite with friendly and helpful staff. I have rented a suite with a kitchenette witch is perfect for longer stays. The location is wonderful, close to the inner harbour and great downtown shopping and restaurants. The bus stop to catch a ride to the University is just a block away. Best of all, I feel safe here which is important when I'm travelling on my own. The cost to stay here is very fair considering the room size and amenities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Victoria!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed at the Helm's Inn for one month. It was a modern, lovely suite and Chris the manager was very hospitable and helpful. I highly recommend this place. It's also considerably less expensive than many hotels but equally as nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This was my third stay at the Helms Inn. You cannot beat the location, price and convenience. They have a nifty arrangement with the establishment next door if you get back late and need to park, as their parking lot is somewhat small. It is quiet and for the first time we stayed on the first floor, normally we stay on the second. I slept on the hide a bed which was a bit difficult for me to maneuver, but managed. They have remodeled the reception area and it is very nice. Staff are very helpful. The hotel rooms are always very clean. Very easy walking distance to everwhere you want to see in Victoria downtown. Park is nearby and the harbor and parliament and museum all quite close.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor. There was some door banging as people went in and out the front and side...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in Helm's about 2 weeks ago. It's a nice hotel with very friendly staff. We arrived more than an hour before the official check-in time, but we didn't realize that until after we went up to our room. We figured it's because the Front Desk Manager Chris just let us in without any hassle since the room had already been ready. The room was clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable. The hotel location was excellent, close to everything: inner harbor, bus terminals, downtown and restaurants. We had a good time in Victoria and Helm's provided us with a nice base. Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn last week. The location is great. Its in a nice quite neighborhood just a 5 min walk to the harbor, restaurants and tours. We were assisted by Marty one of the Inn keepers who couldn't have been nicer. We would stay there again. The rooms are clean and spacious. Free parking. Definitely a great value compared to the other places in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieM1106
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Helm's Inn always shows cheaper rates than other hotels in the same area. Quaint, clean, with easy free parking, the only knock on this place is that it's older and therefore not as queit. Get a 2nd floor room away from the main roads (these are busier roads with emergency vehicles at night). Rooms are plentiful in size, beds are comfy and everything works a-ok. Location puts Helm's smack in the middle of everything you want to do.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple