“Amazing 'French' style bakery in the Victoria Public Market.”

The French Oven Bakery
Ranked #7 of 24 Bakeries in Victoria
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Description: We are a small Artisan Bakery owned and operated by the baker and his wife. We specialize in French Baking as Nick is from France and was trained by trade as a Baker. Croissant, brioches, Meringues and large variety of Bread made from scratch every night using recipes and techniques form the old country. Come and Check why French baking is such a big deal in the world of food....
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I went to the old Victoria Market which I liked, but thought it would be an actual market place more along the lines of fresh produce, meats, cheese and such, but it was a little of that and a few restaurant/dining stalls. However on the upper level was this great place "French Oven" and it was terrific. Fresh breads and pastries and everything I got was top notch. Just like the good stuff I've had all over France, and the prices were pretty reasonable too. I can safely recommend this place if you like great baked goods and won't settle for low quality as long as you don't mind paying a bit more for it. This is the place to go. Excellent choices here and the staff are friendly and welcoming. Enjoy!

1  Thank James A
TheFrenchOven, Owner at The French Oven Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Hi James,
Thanks for the awesome review,
Cheers,
Nick

There are newer reviews for The French Oven Bakery

Reviewed 13 January 2017

This is my absolute favourite bakery in Victoria! The BEST croissants, sourdough, and cinnamon buns in town. They have recently started making traditional french pastries as well and they are to die for (especially the lemon meringue tarts!) Very friendly service everytime I go. I highly recommend checking out this amazing bakery!

Thanks for that awewesome Review!!!
Nick

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough about this spot! Delicious baked treats of ever kind. Love the focaccia buns for panini sandwiches and the frozen take and bake croissants at a weekend breakfast game changer!

Thanks for the thumbs up, we are stoked to hear you like it!
Cheers,
NIck

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

These are hard to find outside France, so I buy as many as possibly from the French Oven and freeze them! Delicious! I won't even share them with my kids :)

HI Julie,
thanks for that awesome review,
we are sorry for the kids, but I would do the same!
nick

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I love this Bakery!! I am slowly making my way through everything they sell and I have not had a bad experience yet! My go to favourite treat is the Monkey Bread! A cross between a croissant and a cinnamon bun these are so flaky and mouth wateringly delicious! Or the almond croissants... hard to choose! I like the Dark Rye bread and the quiche too! Oh yummy, yum, yum French Oven Bakery!! p.s. the staff is wonderfully friendly too!!

Thanks for that awesome review, we are glad you are working your way through the menu, we keep adding on so you are good for a while!
nick