“Beautiful Hotel, loved it”

Empress Hotel National Historic Site of Canada
US$183.14*
and up
2-Hour Luxury City Tour of Victoria
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed three nights at the Empress in mid March 2012. The hotel is stunning and my room was charming. I did receive a room upgrade, so I didn't have any problem with the room size. The room was beautifully decorated with old world charm, but I wouldn't say it was outdated. I had an excellent night's sleep in the bed. Bengal Lounge was great and the breakfast was generous. I found the staff to be attentive and courteous. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in Victoria.

There are newer reviews for Empress Hotel National Historic Site of Canada

Reviewed 23 March 2012

way too expensive, but we're still glad we did it. Elegant and delicious.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

You are paying for the name here. This hotel is well know for its afternoon tea. But really, the cost for a couple of sandwiches, cakes and a pot of tea is outrageous. You can get the same thing, much better & much cheaper a couple of blocks over. Sure, walk through this hotel and have a good look around. It is an impressive building. Just save your money is all I am saying. Walk up Government street, have your sandwiches and tea up there. There are many good places for this and all at reasonable prices.

3  Thank Alima J
Reviewed 16 March 2012

It's gorgeous inside and out. The interior is grand with all of the mouldings, and woodwork, the afternoon tea is an experience like no other place I have been, I don't however recommend staying here anymore. I find the rooms to be in need of updating. I appreciate how historical it is but I think there's millions needed in upgrades to the hotel rooms. Go to the Bengal Lounge and enjoy their signature cocktail and comfy leather couches while the fans sway back and forth over head. Now I can't find it anywhere please ask when you go, how the fans operate, it seems to me they are self propelled and have never stopped in all these years!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Another of Victoria's landmarks. This is a must to see and please go in and enjoy the High Tea. Some say it is expensive but hey put the money away and go in and enjoy being treated. It is worth the visit and they have some very splendid shops inside to peruse and if so inclined buy.