Open today: 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Very in character for this restaurant and the hotel

We stayed at the hotel for a few nights with our young kids. I decided to grab a bite by myself at... read more

Reviewed January 21, 2018
service-depot
Vancouver
via mobile
Girls drinks

Went here for a drink and to try out the ambience. The waitress was fantastic. Gave us a history of... read more

Reviewed May 24, 2017

from US$324.27
from US$112.68
from US$88.36
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 7, 2015

We go there every year when we are in Victoria and it is always fantastic. This year we had cocktails (amazing!!) and my husband tried some local craft beer that our waiter recommended. It was a hit. We had a light dinner (crab cakes for me--yum!!) and stayed for a couple of hours. We felt pampered by the excellent service and enjoyed the atmosphere. Our waiter was charming and personable and had lots of great sightseeing tips for us. Will be back next year!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed March 22, 2015

This is the go to place for a drink or a nice meal. I can recommend to anyone visiting the city that you must try this establishment at least once during your time in this lovely city!

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank sashakeena
Reviewed February 28, 2015

The Indian curry lunch buffet, the courteous and professional service and the ambience of the restaurant in the Empress Hotel were all wonderful. Next time I visit Victoria, I will make it a point to enjoy a lunch here again.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank wbsAlberta
Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

We come here a couple of times a year and we always enjoy ourselves. The bartender and staff rarely change and the service is always great. This is a great spot to have a business meeting in a relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

A sigh of relief

Before coming home to Victoria for a 3 day stay I chose wisely in my meal planning.
Reserved in my mind was cherished visit to the Bengal lounge and the famous curry buffet.

Stepping back a century in your thoughts you are transported to spices, flavours and textures that bellow authenticity.

Each dish, manicured delightfully with colour and precision, rival the finest cooks from around the globe.

Too plentiful to go over each item individually, too full to express my gratitude that this cornerstone of consistency remains in tact I can only offer a few words of wisdom.....Go to the Bengal lounge and for a moment let your budget expand and treat your tastebuds to a culinary imax....you'll leave nostalgic and proud.