“Great croquettes”

Ranked #1 of 24 Bakeries in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 June 2016

My husband loves croquettes so great spot for lunch and our American friends had never eaten croquettes. Great serve, potato salad side was delicious. Wide variety of cakes to have in or take away.

There are newer reviews for The Dutch Bakery

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

We had a delicious and simple breakfast at The Dutch Bakery. It was great to read about this family business, and see photos on the walls of how it was not so long ago.

I had scrambled eggs, ham and hash browns, and I resisted licking the plate. It was tasty, filling, reasonably priced, and just enough - something that is often hard to find.

We admired all the pastries, and made a note to come back later. Our mistake, as they sell out. We still got one pastry of our choosing, but there was little choice, and some cakes were marked 1/2 off, but that was way too much for our tiny group.

We rationed the pastries. Dollar roll was really good. Crunchy almonds on the ends, cake with buttercream inside, and a harder frosting/coating on the outside. The mocha tart was delish, too.

I was really pleased with my breakfast, delighted with the pastries, and a little sad that I have to return home without trying just a few more treats from The Dutch Bakery.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Dutch is Really over rated. Really just mediocre items

Go to patisserie Daniel they are exceptional, more expensive but quality and portions are hearty there is no comparison!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

When I compare the price of their individual 'fancies', I find they are very good value, compared to 'fancies' at some of the local,better chain grocery stores bakeries. I think my all time favorite is their Mocha Cake which is also available in individual slices. LOADS of other yummy choices. Do try it, eat in or take out. They have a lunch restaurant. I love how they installed a new tiny tall counter for 2 or a few customers in the front window. A great use of space!

Michele B, Manager at The Dutch Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am glad to hear you like our new window counter!

Reviewed 5 June 2016

This place is a real find. Super breakfast at very reasonable cost.
Can't wait to go back to try some of their fab looking cakes.

Glad to hear your breakfast experience was good!