“Great fish and chips”

Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Barb's is a quaint seaside seafood restaurant floating at the bustling Fisherman's Wharf in the inner harbor of Victoria, BC. Be prepared to be entertained by our energetic harbor environment while pleasantly satisfying your appetite.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate hear after a whale watching tour with great fish and chips. The service was quick and the area fantastic for sitting outside and consuming the good portioned serving.

Chip_Barbs, Manager at Barb's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your great review Michael! I hope you also enjoyed your tour!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a decades old institution at Fisherman's wharf. The fish is freshly prepared.There's a bit of a wit time, but it's well worth the wait. Big pieces of hot, juicy cod in every meal! Nothing better than enjoying your meal at a table on the wharf by the water on a warm sunny day.

Thank you so much for your review Paul! I'm glad you enjoyed your time down on the wharf with us. :)

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Great location right on the water in Victoria. My husband and I enjoyed some of the best fish and chips ever. Highly recommend!

Chip_Barbs, Manager at Barb's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review Sarah! I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your time down on the wharf with us. :)

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I am a halibut maniac I love this fish it is like heaven to me. Barbs was right up at the top with the old Jims fish and chips in Winnipeg. Barbs was absolutely amazing, it was so good I was trying to convince everyone to go back before we left, but we were out of time unfortunately.
I am sitting here dreaming of the wonderful halibut and fries and coleslaw I ate. Mmmmmmm good.

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm sorry you ran out of time to come back! Hopefully, we will be able to serve you in the future. :)

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Almost everywhere you go there is one special place where the queue is the longest and for good reason. Here Barbs is that place. Fresh beautifully prepared food. Superclean premises. Friendly staff.
And. Affordable prices.
We had Halibut. Delicious

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so glad you enjoyed your time down here on the wharf, and I will pass on your compliments to our staff. :)