“Best steak frites in town”
Review of Brasserie L'ecole

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Such an amazing restaurant, and the food is served in good sized portions. The truffle oil fries are a delectable treat and the beef is of the highest quality. We also really appreciate the excellent wine list, with a good selection of 'by the glass' options. I also suggest the mussels and the endive salad which is topped with a copious amount of warm cubed bacon.

1  Thank gfmuncher
There are newer reviews for Brasserie L'ecole

Reviewed 15 June 2016

My boyfriend and I went to Brasserie L'ecole last night for our 5-year anniversary. We had been waiting for a special occasion to try it out and were not disappointed. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. We started with the dates that were stuffed with blue cheese and walnuts as well as oysters on the half shell. Incredibly tasty bites. I ordered a half endive salad and the lentil fritters and my boyfriend ordered New York striploin steak, parmesan fries and a delicious side that was ancient grains with asparagus. Our server helped us choose some great red wines to pair with our dinners and he did a great job. The food came out fast and everything was scrumptious. We ended with the creme brulee and left stuffed and happy.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Get there early! No reservations. Once you eat you'll understand why. Wish we could transplant them to Langley

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We noticed the line out front, waiting for the restaurant to open and decided we needed to check it out! Unassuming and located near Chinatown, which seemed odd for a French place. We went later in the evening as they do not take reservations and luckily they had room for us. We weren't that hungry so split a wonderful skirt steak that tasted slow cooked. We each had the onion soup, best I think I have ever had-tons of oozy cheese! Good wine and of course great bread!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Went for the first time on my birthday. It was on a Wednesday night so there wasn't much of a line up to get in. The food was delicious and the service was friendly. I would visit again if the menu included specialty items such as rabbit, venison or duck.