“Great sushi and ramen”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We stumbled on this place for lunch during a short visit to Victoria. We arrived around 12.30 and the restaurant was packed - clearly a favourite lunch spot for locals - but it had quietened down by the time we left around an hour later. I opted for the spicy pork noodle soup (ramen) while my husband chose the Ebizo sushi selection. Both dishes were great as were the portion sizes. We also both opted for the house green tea which was actually a traditional Japanese rice green tea and fantastic. The service was really good too and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The menu offering at Ebizo is sub par. They have zero specialty rolls on the menu unless you count the rainbow roll, which I do not. We inquired about this and the waitress told us about one roll that was not on the menu. We ordered it and it was again, just okay. Avoid getting the seaweed salad. It is $4.50 and the portion is so small, one could eat it all in two bites.

2  Thank Pascha A
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent sushi. 스시는 신선하고 훌륭합니다.
Eel the best. 장어가 최고 맛있읍니다.
Unagi don BEST. 장어덮밥 을 꼭 먹어요.
Beer excellent. 아사이 맥주가 맛있었읍니다.
Best service. 서비스는 훌륭했읍니다.
Good price. 좋은가격 양도 많아요 ^_^
Tempura Udon Good. 덴푸라 우동 많은 양의 튀김 나옵니다 ^_^

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I really liked the staff. I decided to try a dinner instead of Sushi. I think I'll go for the Sushi next time I go. They are famous for their Rainbow Roll. I saw it on someone else's plate. He says it is one of his favourites. A friend of mine says it's one of her favourites to. I noticed he really likes spicy sushi because everything he ordered was spicy. Since I'm not a big fan of spicy food, I believe there are quite a few other choices. The tuna tataki is also a big favourite but I don't think it's something I would want to try. Not a fan of raw tuna. However, I'm always willing to try other types of sushi. I'm looking forward to my next visit. It's a pretty busy place, so be prepared to wait if you haven't got reservations. Of course, it helps when you are by yourself because there is usually room for one.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I go to Ebizo quite frequently as I work downtown. I think their tuna tataki is the best in town, and I also like their spicy tuna and spicy salmon. The service can be a little abrupt, and it is often very difficult to get a reservation or a table. Part of its charm is how crowded it is. Don't try to bring a stroller; they cannot accommodate them in the small space.

1  Thank nbarnes12345