“Truely Delightful Experience!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 June 2016

While touring Chinatown with our group we were able to take a break from our walk at Forum.Our host John Wong was a true delight!!Along with the fantastic authentic food and service by the staff John played some authentic music from his homeland while also educating us about the history, customs & culture of China.These special experiences like meeting people like John & his staff is what,to us, makes traveling all worth while.Thank you John!! We won't forget you.

There are newer reviews for Forum Restaurant

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended by a local. All three of us were happy with our meals but I would categorize this as good food but not a fancy environment. I would go back.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

Greasy ,dripping oil ,burnt,chicken balls and the prawns and the special chow mein was a bowl of grease.the most discusting Chinese food we have ever tried to eat.Did not eat much,lol.Run when you see this place.

1  Thank sarh25
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I usually enjoy Forum food and we always do Take Out. But the last time we ordered our "usual" take out order of almond chicken and other things, we felt that the two orders of almond chicken were way over cooked therefore really dry and the batter was brown and we felt it had that "we need to change the oil in the vat" flavor to it.

1  Thank amed6
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Right off the bat, the hot and sour soup starter was great. One of the best hot and sour soups I've had. My whole family anticipated a great meal.

The service was great.

Every dish we ordered was fresh and potentially full of great flavor. However -- and the reason I can't give five star -- every dish was a little bit salty. So salty that I'd wondered if the person cooking couldn't taste the saltiness for some reason. We had to eat extra portions of rice to help. This is coming from a person who likes food well-salted. In fact, my whole family loves flavor.

As I mentioned, were it not for the saltiness, the dishes would have actually been some of the better Chinese food I've had in Victoria.

Ultimately, I think I would return again and let them know beforehand to not make the dishes so salty.

2  Thank Tic B