“Not the best I won't come back here ...”

Kwong Tung Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #859 of 1,235 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 24 April 2016

We came here for lunch and regretted it.It was at the very best ... well ... "average" ande that is being nice.

The lemon chicken was far far too sweet, like lemon pudding chicken, far far too sweet, and the service was confusing and just kinda out of it.

the rice was dry and not made well at all, the sesame chicken was not good at all.

the prices were somewhat high and the bathrooms smelled bad and weren't in great shape.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We needed to have gluten free dishes - the staff were very helpful & knew what we needed. The food was very good - will go back next time I'm in Victoria.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The food was good but the décor was not. We each ordered dinner for 1 combinations. The server was adequate, not over friendly, just business. The food came relatively fast and was very tasty. Would probably eat here again but the décor was very dated. The carpets were filthy and the chair seats were completely worn through and the chair rails were dusty. It\s definitely time to clean up and update the inside, refinish the chairs etc/

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

I don't know why we chose this Chinese restaurant over the others but we did and spent most of the evening regretting it. While some people, probably regulars, got a very friendly experience, we got what appeared to be the bare minimum service required. No smiling, plates just dropped at your table in any order, no conversation. It felt like we were in the way!

The Dim Sum was ok but this place was also very expensive for what was, on the whole, just very, very average food with rubbish service. I really do not see any reason to recommend this place

Reviewed 12 January 2015

I saw the menu downstairs on the sidewalk.They had barbecued chicken's feet so I had to go upstairs.This dish is something I developed a taste for in Mexico, but I also like the spicy vinegar Sichaun version.I also had 2 dim sum items-the steamed pork buns and the steamed shrimp dumplings.All very good.There was a caucasian couple who looked at the menu for 2 minutes and left without giving the reataurant a chance-I tried to talk them out of it-I should have told them the chicken's feet were barbecued monkey's paws.