“So creative, perfect wine pairings”
Review of Padella Kitchen

Padella Kitchen
Ranked #151 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$15 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This is my second review of the hardworking folks at Padella. I wanted to specifically comment on the awesome New Years Eve dinner we enjoyed. While the regular menu was available, we opted for the creative tasting menu. The food courses were wonderful and the wine pairings were perfect. For food and wine of this caliber, the per person price was good value. Given how packed the restaurant was, we had excellent service.

There are newer reviews for Padella Kitchen

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Had high hopes for this place. It was pretty good overall. I wouldn't avoid going back, but wouldn't rush back either. The food was quite nice, traditional and expected.

The service was 'fine'. The décor was really dated though, lighting really bright, weird layout.

1  Thank travellingcanucks12
Reviewed 4 January 2017

There were two of us and we had looked forward to an evening at this dining spot..it was a major let down! Our service was very good..it was the 'food' that was truly terrible..we both had tummy difficulties after we arrived home...and did not feel well the next day!?We consumed an appetizer a shared Caesar salad and pasta and meat dish.We shared a dessert and we had coffee....none was spectacular and a bit upsetting to the system!!! A bad night for us and them???I have no idea what went wrong!?We dine out regularly and have mostly wonderful experineces! I am sorry to even have to write this as it is near us in location and we would find it most handy....
All in all not a very nice time was had by all???!!

1  Thank 319kathryn
PadellaChef, Manager at Padella Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Kathryn,

This is the first time I have responded to a review because everyone has a right to express their likes and dislikes, however, in this case ,I feel we have been unfairly accused. If you believe that there is the possibility of food borne illness, the appropriate response is to contact the restaurant, your doctor, and VIHA. Unproven accusations of this type can be incredibly damaging to a small business. We served nearly 2000 guests in the month of December and did not have a single complaint. Between December 18-31st of 2016 BC experienced a ten year high in reported cases of the flu, up 32% from last year. Food borne illness is not an opinion, it's a medical condition. Perhaps you should seek medical advice before anonymously slandering a local business.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

My family and I enjoyed our meal here for my Birthday. Their steaks and pork tenderloin were exceptional. I highly recommend this quaint village restaurant.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

My wife and I happened to walk past Padella the other day and decided to pop in for a late dinner. We were absolutely blown away! The atmosphere is warm and cosey, the staff were wonderful and the food... sensational! The chef had created a special that evening of his interpretation of Moroccan style lamb tagine. SO GOOD!