“Definitely worth going back.”
Review of Pescatores - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Government
Transit: There are many bus stops on Douglas Street which is one block East of us.
Description: After 20 years located on the beautiful Inner Harbour in Victoria, BC. Pescatores has just completed major renovations and re-surfaced with a brand new look, offering three new distinct dining experiences. Whether in the mood to meet up with your friends for a casual afternoon in the Commons, enjoying Victoria's freshest sashimi and oysters in the Raw Bar or a quiet, refined seafood dinner in the Kitchen, Pescatores offers you the best our local waters have to offer with the ambiance you prefer.
Reviewed December 16, 2015

Nice room, high ceilings, low lighting, modern upscale feel. Combination of booths and tables with good privacy from other guests. "The Kitchen"

The waiter explained they are 'farm to table' as much as possible. I tried the small plate fresh brussel sprouts with bacon. 10/10. For the main, I had the wild pacific salmon and it was perfectly cooked. 10/10. I eat salmon a lot when at restaurants and this is definitely the best I have had as most restaurants seem to overcook it. Also worth mentioning was the Caesar (pre-dinner drinks): they were excellent and with no special instructions. I prefer mild-medium spice. Very nice flavors overall. Others guests had the steamers and seafood pasta and gave them 9/10. I was too full for desert but did share a little. Next time I will try the pork from their farm.

Reviewed December 14, 2015

Visited The Commons which is part of a few restaurants under the Pescatores name. Atmosphere OK - more like a pub or a place for a snack or drink. I was hungry so I ordered the Seafood Cannelloni. For $25 expected a plate with some presentation at least - what arrived was 2 small cannelloni in a pasta dish - tomato sauce over the top slightly burned around the edges and nothing else. I had to have a snack when I got home. Looked like something from a diner more than a $25 meal. The taste was ok - but the texture odd in places making me wonder what kind of seafood I was eating. VERY disappointing for the price. The choice of filling could be better thought out. Wine very expensive - but that seems the norm in restaurants. Drinks were good. Server suddenly brought the bill without asking if anyone wanted anything else and that was the end of the night.
I would not go back - for the price I definitely expect more. To me this is just not acceptable.

3  Thank jpratt71
Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

We were looking forward to a wonderful fine dining experience. Dinning with a family member, trying to treat her! Our waiter was affable and attentive. Sounds like a wonderful start to a great night.... WRONG! I mean waiting almost an hour for our dinner, order screwed up, food served luke warm! They cant get the food hot to the table???? Hardly fine dinning!!! So disappointing. Yes, everyone was very apologetic, offered free dessert... sorry free dessert does not cut it! A fine dinning restaurant should not screw up this badly! Waste of my time, 3 hours of my life I will never get back!
Save your money! Don't bother going to this restaurant! Only two things they did right, pisco sour was good, wine was good! Should be for the price!

3  Thank Dennythetraveller
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Recently remodled, a crisp new look, awesome food, best steak,
Staff very friendly, a must when company comes, and when we have special occasions.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

We attended a dinner event at Pescatores on Humboldt in Victoria . The appetizers were fresh oysters , calamari,California rolls , olives , pan bread and dip . Crab cakes then crab and lobster were all available as mains . Rum and Coke with apies and a good red wine with the main . All good with this dinning experience .