“Fun Atmosphere for Family Dining”

San Remo Restaurant
Ranked #644 of 1,286 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hillside - Quadra - Downtown Blanshard
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Funky atmosphere, interesting Greek and Italian food choices with reasonable service at moderate prices.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We haven't been to San Remo for quite some time so thought we would give it a try. Unfortunately we were not impressed with our meals at all. Pricey meals and small portions. Each ordered a greek salad with our meal and no olive to be found in either salad. What is a greek salad without olives?? Not a greek salad!
Lamb souvlaki consisted of small pieces of over cooked lamb, which were actually ordered to be medium rare.
Sign outside named drink specials, so ordered a Bellini as this was on the noted specials. Waiter came back to say that they did not have ingredients to make a Bellini. Then take it off the sign outside.
The only positive about the visit to San Remo was the pleasant waiter that we had.
With all of the restaurant choices in Victoria we will not be going back to San Remo.

1  Thank waterlogged23
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I dropped in after a few years to have a nice greek meal . Ordered a Calamari Dinner at 19.95. States it comes with Rice and Salad. When meal came out it had no greek seasoning at all rice was slimy and tasted more Chinese then Greek and cut steamed vegetables rather then Greek Salad.. When I ask by chance the owner who brought out the dinner to me where is my salad she said it was extra cost and do I want to order side salad.

To say the least... THE WORST GREEK DINNER I HAVE EVER HAD.

Paid my bill and left after telling the server how bad it was. No offer to make it much better then it was.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed May 9, 2018

We had been to this restaurant few years ago. Since then it has a new owner. We decided to try this again since we were going Blue Bridge theatre. Our first impression were not good as it was quiet, especially for a Friday night and the decor looked rundown.

However, the food was another story. We ordered Hummus, Salad and Veggie pizza. The portions were large and very tasty. So much so, there was nothing left on the plates at the end of the meal. We got decent value.

We'll definitely go again if we're in the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

I had the "Chris' Special" with a couple alterations (I can't do banana peppers) and it was absolutely delicious. One of the best pizzas I've ever had. The crust was incredible and it was the perfect ratio of bread, sauce, and toppings. I can't wait to go back. Been telling everyone about it!

2  Thank Shanna S
xdiyy, Owner at San Remo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Thank you! your comments is encouraging! we will try our best to make customers happy.
From owner Yi.