“Consistent... Great Beer... A wonderful view.”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #138 of 1,278 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer! Breakfast served-8am-2pm, Lunch menu available after 11am and Dinner Menu after 5pm.
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

It has been some time since I was at Spinnakers, but it is like only yesterday.
When in town, we went for a few pints. It was an overcast and drizzly day, but the sun began to shine through (metaphorically) as soon as the server brought our beer.

I am an admitted craft beer snob and ALWAYS prefer a quality and original craft brew. Spinnakers has a great variety of craft brew, all made on site. The IPA was stellar, the dour was bold and unique, the seasonal was wonderful. The variety of beer, styles, flavours etc. Is vast.

If you like variety and plenty of it, I encourage anyone to try Spinnakers.

The location is great, the view is wonderful. I found there to be plenty of on site parking. It is easy to walk to Spinnakers as well from Down Town Victoria.

The service was standard and acceptable - right in the middle. The prices are also reasonable and pretty standard for a craft beer.

We shared some poutine which was below standard in my opinion. The fries were good - but the amount of cheese curds that they put on the fries was pathetic. The curds looked like melted white cheese sticks. Anyway, they had the basics, they just needed more cheese and doused in plenty of gravy.

The establishment was clean, the ambience was good and even though the place was full when we were there, we could still carry on a conversation without too much effort.

If you like craft beer, and want a view.... I would not hesitate to suggest you enjoy yourself at Spinnakers.

Spinnakers G, Guest Relations Manager at Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Hey there!

Thanks for reviewing your experience with us at Spinnakers. We have since taken the poutine off the menu and have some new updated & delicious appies available. We hope that you come in and give our food selection another try.

We are more than thrilled that you loved the beer!

Looking forward to having you again.

All the best.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

We loved Spinnakers food! It was delicious and we ate here a lot, especially breakfast since we were staying at their Heritage B&B. The wait staff are wonderful and accommodating and the food is well presented and prepared.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We have been eating here for over 20 years. Solid tasty food and good beer. Last night was a complete disappointment though. Especially since it was my partner's birthday. Called ahead but couldn't make a table reservation for 8pm? So we showed up anyway but did get a nice table in the dining room by the window. My partner is French and the $25 rabbit plate sounded good. We ordered wine and two plates. Mine was cold. The other lukewarm. Walnuts and bacon are great crispy but not cold and chewy? We had to ask for water. I asked for bread expecting a rich sauce (which there wasn't) and got four thin slices without any butter. I expressed my concern to the server and was comped 50% on my meal. I never send back a meal but I should have. The manager did not talk to me. At least the chocolates on the way out were delicious as I tried to recover from a dismal event.

1  Thank Steve C

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing your concerns. We are so sorry that you had a poor experience with the food, and the service. We are glad that the server addressed your cold meal. He or she would have had to speak directly to the manager in order to do this, in the future if you would like to speak with the manager please let your server know, and we can be sure to accommodate.

We have also followed up with the kitchen. You'll be happy to know that we now offer a new feature sheet, and new menu items. We hope you can come in and give it a try.

We are happy you enjoyed the chocolates on the way out, they are a tasty treat that never disappoint.

If you would like to tell us more, please email managers@spinnakers.com.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Came here with some friends and had great beer, food and service. It overlooks the ocean and you can see the mountains, really nice place.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Service was friendly. We were pleasantly surprised to have happy hour drinks and appetizers while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. We didn’t enjoy the cider flight but the boys enjoyed their beers and I enjoyed my wine. The truffles at the end of our meal were to die for.

Hey there!

Thanks for writing to us. We are so sorry you didn't like your cider flight. We hope that you let your server know so he or she could replace it with something that you liked better.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Cheers!