“Good food ok service ”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We were recently at The Tapa Bar. It was a very busy Monday night but they were able to accommodate us quickly without reservations. The service took a while to get to us but we understood as they were busy. The food was good. We had the Cesar salad, seafood pasta, chicken pizza and the eggplant dish. All good but not over the top. I would suggest ordering off the tapa sections. The only real issue was I was never asked if I wanted another cocktail and when we were finished our server took a very long time to come back to us. We saw her serving a table that were having a lot of drinks, she at least went back to them 4 times before coming to check on us. It was very frustrating when we were ready to leave. So good food and ok service. I'm sure if you are going for a night out with friends for drinks it's a great spot to hit!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We arrived for dinner and there was a big wait to get in so we took a couple of seats at the bar and ended up there having dinner and drinks. Very comfortable, lots of room to eat and a most enjoyable gal serving at the bar! Great service and a good vibe. We had a great bottle of Spanish red and three or four Tapas plates that were a good size and may I say the most delicious Tapas I've had outside of Spain. Oh yeah, the prices were extremely affordable too!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Except the service the place is good. The food is cheap compared to prtions. I ordered beans and rice for 5$.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant I discovered because of everyone here at TripAdvisor. Very busy so i would recommend reservations or be prepared to wait. Reasonable prices and great food. One of the best salads I've ever had. If I lived nearby I would definitely come back again and again and again lol. Take a risk and try something different. With so many small plates to choose from you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Best garlic prawns I have had, and I mean garlic, prawns cooked to perfection and delicious dipping with the bread they give you. Hannah, was our server and most pleasant and efficient.