“Giant Muckle Tea is an experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

White Heather Tea Room
Ranked #2 of 42 Dessert in Victoria
Cuisines: Canadian, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Jubilee
Pullman, Washington
“Giant Muckle Tea is an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My daughter and I had the Giant Muckle Tea. We were so full from our 3pm tea that we weren't hungry until the next morning! The tea was delicious, the sandwiches (including cucumber and salmon!), the savories, the cheese crispy, the scones, all of the goodies were absolutely delicious! Make sure you make a reservation since it's very full at tea time. This is by far the best value for your money in Victoria as far as high tea is concerned.

• Visited October 2011

• Korean first
San Diego, California
“The Best Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I've been to a lot of tearooms in the past few years and this is by far the best. The only reason not to go is if you end up in Victoria for a quick weekend on a ferry without a rental car. It is a ways from Victoria Harbour. Tearoom itself is very busy but efficient and very accommodating. Busy but no way are you rushing in or out. The food is excellent which is frequently lacking in tearooms and the tea is of course of wide variety and the white tea I chose was good. We had the Big Muckle for 3. Pleanty of food and all of it good, authentic, and fresh. The people who run it are very efficient and friendly. They do everything they can to accommodate people even with their busy summer reservations schedule. The three of us (mother, daughter and myself) arrived actually 40 minutes early since we weren't sure where it was and didn't want to be late. We checked in to let them know we were there and they managed to get us in early. It wouldn't have been a problem though to come back in 40 minutes as there are shops on the street of interest (don't miss the science store a few doors down!). The tearoom is pleasant and subdued but it in no way is too girly...here were quite a few parties with husbands in tow. I'd definitely go back anytime I was in the area.

• Visited August 2011
RAROTONGA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Lovely and Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently visited the White Heather with a friend who was celebrating her 70th birthday. It was a perfect choice. We shared THE BIG MUCKLE and devoured all but the scones over a lovely couple of hours of chat and laughter, Delicious!! Have already recommended to a few of my friends in Victoria and further afield!! Thisis a must on my next visit to Victoria.
Julie and Lorna

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Prince George, Canada
“Lovely people, great tea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We dropped in without a reservation and were greeted warmly. The room was packed but they were able to pull two smaller tables together for us. We enjoyed our meals. Menu selection is quite limited, but I expect that at a tea room. My mother did not enjoy the tuscan soup (very tart tomato flavour) but my sister enjoyed her cauliflower soup and we all enjoyed our sandwiches. The scones were absolutely lovely, and the tea was fantastic. Prompt friendly service, lovely teacups. Very reasonable cost.

• Visited September 2011
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

A few days ago, I went with my mom and daughter to the White Heather Tea Room. We wanted to do something special to celebrate my daughter starting kindergarten this fall. We were not disappointed. Carrie served us and was absolutely perfect!! She brought out a tray of teas for us to smell before ordering and recommended "old blue eyes" to my daughter since it would be pink in the cup once steeped. I wish I had a photo of her eyes when our food came out, beautifully displayed on a 3 tiered tray. It was absolutely delicious!!! My daughter summed up the experience the best when she looked at me while stirring her tea: it would be so disappointing if this turned out to be a dream". Thank you Carrie and your fabulous co-workers for making our "fancy tea" so memorable

• Visited August 2011