“Great service, great sausages and great pierogies!”

Taste of Europe Deli
Ranked #253 of 1,262 Restaurants in Victoria
Reviewed November 19, 2015

These are the best perogies I've ever had; portions are tasty and plentiful. The "set menu" offers a pierogi-sausage combo plate that really hits the spot. I try to visit whenever I'm in Victoria.

Reviewed September 28, 2015

This is delicious, authentic Hungarian/Polish food. The gentleman who apparently owns it does the cooking and brings the food out and he really knows his food! The Hungarian goulash was very tender, served on a crisp, delicious potato pancake with a generous dollop of sour cream. The rolled cabbage had excellent flavor. I will definitely go back again on another visit. There are more things on the menu I need to get around to! It is a simple place, not fancy but clean.

Reviewed July 4, 2015 via mobile

My wife had never heard of or tasted a Perogie before. We visited "taste of Europe deli and were not disappointed. The owner made us fresh cheese perogies and homemade polish sausage. My wife said it was amazing and one of the best things she ate all week in Victoria.

If you are wanting to try a food that is a tradition in Canada, you must try Perogies. They are so good

Reviewed June 18, 2015

Authentic Polish, Ukranian food. Handmade pierogies like my great aunt from Poland use to make on the kitchen table. Prices are really reasonable. Portions are generous. Wonderful find on Douglas Street in Victoria BC. Restaurant use to be in Sidney BC, but has moved to Victoria. Met several loyal customers who come to Victoria and stock up on the wonderful food there and to go. What a wonderful find! Owner is great.

1  Thank LeighUK2014
Reviewed January 16, 2015

I am a self-confessed pierogie freak having grown up on the Prairies surrounded by Ukrainian and Polish folks. There is a very unassuming Polish man running a little deli right on Douglas Street between Johnson and Pandora. Look for a red sandwich board sign on the sidewalk. His handmade pierogies are the biggest things I've ever had but they are so amazing. He also makes his own sausages and cabbage rolls. I don't live in Victoria but whenever I visit, I eat lunch there and take my cooler so I can take home his frozen perogies. I think there are some copycats out there both for perogies and the actual name of this cafe so make sure you go to the right place. I only found it because I was walking. Hard to see while driving. Enjoy perogy fans!

1  Thank Bella B