“Worth the wait”

Ranked #48 of 1,269 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: CARVED FROM LIFE IN LAUGHTER Welcome to Pagliacci’s! Pagliacci’s is one of those timeless places, born in passion, carved from life and bathed in laughter. From the foccacia bread and soup through the Broadway-style cheesecake, every morsel is made on the spot, served with style by someone hustling for you. And there’s more than enough pasta or steak to bring home to Asta. Step back into history. This is what it used to be like before franchises. Nourishing souls since 1979 Tell ’em Joe sent you!
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Yes there was a line up . Yes it was crowded. Yes it was noisy. The menu was interesting (you'll see what I mean). Service was professional and efficient. Offered the option of smaller portions. Can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.

1  Thank Kate G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

GO early, or be prepared to wait, BUT well worth it if you have to wait.
Fresh focaccia as soon as you are seated, but don't fill up on it, too many other great dishes and soups to have with it!
Love the smaller size options, and the gluten free options.
Meat balls are amazing and filling, four large ones in the large pasta option.
Lots of seafood choice so hard to decide.
Favourite is the mango cashew curry, can't be beat.
Have to go back to try the seafood lasagne!
Service is great, place is crowded when full, and the noise level rises as it fills.
Unbeatable, consistently consistent in both taste and service, long time Victoria favourite by locals and visitors!!

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We visit Victoria often and always stop at Pagliaccis for a bottomless bowl of soup at lunch. I've never been disappointed and have tried some unusual soups over the years. This visit was no different. Awesome! Their team approach to service makes for a great experience as well. It's a bit eclectic with tables close to each other which makes for a great atmosphere. Always busy here but that in itself tells their story!

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

I have read so much about Pagliacci's from TripAdvisor and on the Food Network that my wife and I had to come try it out. The atmosphere is great, although the lighting was a bit dark. The bread was fantastic, the entrees were spectacular. I had the scallops linguine, my wife had Hemingway Short Story and our friend had the veal chop with risotto. My pasta was the best pasta dish I've ever had. Service was amazing as well. I ordered the feature chocolate cake to go and it was out of this world. For anyone who loves chocolate, must try this one. My only criticism that I could think of was the lack of beer on tap. There was two beers on tap. It would have been nice to have a bit more to choose from. But that is such a small criticism that I can EASILY be ok with because everything else was just so damn good!!!! We will be back!!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place! We took the Hemingway Short Story 2 evenings in a row. It is delicious!