“. A great little stop for a quick lunch.”
Review of Sam's Deli

Sam's Deli
Ranked #143 of 1,234 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 December 2016

If you're looking for a lunch that is quick, nutritious and delicious, this is the place for you. Would recommend the seafood chowder for true west coast flavour.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Had lunch here. This is a self service. There were queues but I don't know whŷ as there were lots of servers. You had to queue to order and then queue again to pay and then wait whilst it was bought to you. Ordered a tuna salad sandwich and was told there were out off lettuce although dishes with sale were still going out. Eventually another server pointed out that there was plenty of lettuce in another tray. The sandwich was huge and fine but the wall outside seating area was filthy with food debris an the tables and chairs were grubby.

1  Thank joseph c
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I went for a quick salad lunch at Sam's. I ordered a half cobb salad and I was presented with what seemed to be a garden salad with a small sliver of avocado on the side. It was a mix of iceberg lettuce, spinach and cabbage and was topped with chickpeas and tomato's it was also served with a balsamic dressing. I unfortunately paid prior to being served if I hadn't I would have walked out the door. The spinach was all mushy and had clearly gone bad. The iceberg had a brownish tinge to it. Overall terrible experience. I have been going there for as long as I can remember and it is consistently getting worse. I will never eat there again!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We wanted a light breakfast and our hotel recommended Sam's.
The staff was so helpful and willing to accommodate our requests.
I had a carrot bran muffin and yogurt. My amigo had an egg sandwich. Good coffee. We saw many locals making breakfast purchases. They make all there bakery goodies there. Reasonable cost.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I was attending a conference and wanted something light for lunch. Sam's Deli is in a convenient location and has a great lunch menu.
I had the house soup (Cream of Tomato) and house salad, complete with cucumbers, seasoned chickpeas, red cabbage, lettuce, shredded carrot, radishes, and tomatoes. The house soup was an amazing flavour. It was so creamy with the perfect blend of spice. I enjoyed it so much I returned the next day for lunch!
The sandwiches other customers were purchasing looked excellent too. It is made fresh in front of you as you select your bread and toppings to personalize it.