“Dont waste your time.”

Glo Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Glo Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,189 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Dont waste your time.”
Reviewed 9 May 2010

The place wasnt busy.
Waited to be seated, lots of looks, but no action.
then seated and given menu's but no drink menu as wishing to order a beer and some wine. waitress said she would get one and be right back. well, she never came back, she was busy getting one for another table she had seated, i guess their tip would have been bigger as there were 4 of them and only 2 of us. got menu myself.
Noone came to take our order for about 20 minutes. Lots of waitresses walking past, but noone interested, tried to get some action, but to no avail.
So after about 20 mins. got up and left. No one even noticed.

1 Thank ShredderNZ

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great food, pricey, great view...decent "trendy" place although I'll probably stick to Sauce & Cactus Club”
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Victoria, Canada
“Just say no - Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Heard great things about Glo and was really excited to go and try their food. Well, I should have read the reviews prior.
My steak, thank heavens, was actually cooked correctly, however, when you are told seasonal vegetables and you receive a beet, a turnip (both barely bigger than a nickel) and a quarter of a carrot... it makes you wonder. The potatoes I'm guessing were instant because they were watery. Not the best food, but not the worst I've had either. Out of a 10, I'd give the food a 6.
Service.. well, that was a different story. Called and confirmed that we only had an hour for dinner, would this be possible for 6 people for dinner. Oh yes, it will be fine as long as you don't take forever with the menu we will be able to have you in and out. We decided to try it out for a friend's surprise birthday and had set aside an hour for dinner. If I had been informed that two hours would have been better than I would have arranged for our friends to surprise her at the next location a little later.
We had a reservation and it still took them 20 minutes to seat us. When we first arrived told them reservation to which they asked if we would like to be seated on the patio. Well, I'm not a math expert, but if you just told a party of two that there was not enough room for 2 on the patio... I don't how you expect 6 seats to suddenly appear. Finally we were seated in the dining room. Ordered right away and then the wait began. After 30 minutes finally asked our waitress if we should expect it soon, as we were on a deadline and since they had taken 20 minutes to seat us we were running short of time. 40 minutes I finally went to ask to speak to the manager who then informed me that there was no way our wait was 40 minutes and that she would go check in the kitchen. Thank heavens for kitchen clocks.. 35 minutes our order had been in for. I could understand if they slaughter the cow out back for it to take that amount of time but seriously. Be up front about the amount of time for dinner. And service.. your customers shouldn't have to stand up and wave like a nutjob to get your attention for you to finally come over to the table. Maybe I should have called and booked with the general manager to get the good service. Honestly, it shouldn't matter who you book with, a restaurant that charges those prices should be able to afford to give good service.
Ended up receiving a coupon for a free dessert on our next visit... are you serious... with service that bad why would I want to go back... so I can wait an hour for you to bring me a piece of cake... no thank you. I'm sure the cake would be good when it finally arrived, but probably not worth the wait.

1 Thank AB_Victoria
Victoria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst. Place. Ever.”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My boyfriend and I decided to try a new place for brunch/lunch so we went to the other side of town to try Glo. That was mistake #1. Went we arrived, the restaurant was about 30% full and the server-to-customer ratio was pretty good. Or so we thought. After waiting for about 5 minutes for the hostess to arrive, we were seated. She told us that our waitress would be with us in a moment. After waiting for 20 minutes without someone even asking us if we wanted some water, we realized that the waitress had either forgotten or was never going to come. All the while, several waitresses walked by and barely glanced at us. Frustrated and starving, I would have eaten the cloth napkins at that point. We got up and left with no food, and no service. To make things worse, the hostess cheerfully exclaimed "Thank you for coming!" to us as we left. She hadn't even noticed that we had been waiting at our table for close to half an hour! Glo Europub? It's more like Slow Europub. On a side note, they had pretty decent decor.

1 Thank girlEngr
Victoria, Canada
“Went for Sunday Brunch. The spread is really quite well done, however their creme brule is atrocious.”
Reviewed 22 January 2009