“Cozy and warm experience”
Review of Zambri's

Zambri's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zambri's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,271 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Blanshard
Transit: Yates & Quadra Street
Description: Zambri's is an award winning restaurant specializing in Classic Italian cuisine, paired with a unique selection of Italian Wines. "Best Italian Restaurant in B.C….maybe Canada", is just one of the many accolades bestowed on them. Their stunning new location in the Atrium Building is just another reason to visit. Add to this their casual but professional service and you will have a dining experience that cannot be beat.
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I went there with my friend in s Sunday's mid-night. We ordered the salad and shared a pice of pizza:) Cocktail is also another recommendation I have to mention. The cocktail I ordered that the servant told me it got egg nog in it. I thought that was weird firstly, but the egg nog actually balanced the juicy sour circus taste and alcohol. Remarkable!

ZambrisVictoria, General Manager at Zambri's, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thanks You, sounds like the perfect way to end a great week end!

i will share your feedback with our bar tender

see you soon

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Not sure how we found this restaurant but we knew we wanted a nice Pizza and it certainly didn't disappoint us! The service was lovely. The only small downside was as soon as we walked in we were told we needed to order very quickly as the kitchen was closing. Anyway, after this initial comment the food and service were really lovely. So we certainly recommend for ambience, atmosphere, food and wine!

ZambrisVictoria, General Manager at Zambri's, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

thanks Louise!

see you soon

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I liked Zambri's, and if you find most food too salty then you might really like the food here. I found seasoning lacking for both the pasta and the pizza. Good crust, though, and overall pretty good service. I might return. A bit more upscale than a lot of choices in Victoria.

ZambrisVictoria, General Manager at Zambri's, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

thank you kmfesq, see you soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

First off, for the price I pay here ($130 including tip/tax for 2 people with wine), I expect excellent service and good food all around.

Went with a date for the 3 course shared meal.

Antipasti:
Caeser salad - excellent. Exactly how it should be prepared.
Palotte abruzzese - not bad - found the dumplings themselves a bit lacking in flavor but the sauce was excellent and made up for it.
Antipasto of the day: mussels and clams in butter, leeks, and garlic - Straightforward with good flavor and the seafood fresh and well cooked

Primi:
Penne with gorgonzola and fresh peas - on the less cooked side of al dente - could have used another 30 seconds in the water. Sauce was delicious. Key problem - there was not enough sauce - found the dish a bit dry.

Dolce:
Tiramisu - really good as always

Wine:
Montepulciano recommended by the waitress - delicious.
Vin santo dessert wine - also good.

Service was all around good and very friendly. Unfortunately, the gentleman waiter who brought us our wine made an error in service and (after allowing us both to taste a 1/2 liter, which I found a bit odd in and of itself - isn't each bottle checked at the bar for corkage?) poured my wine before my date's. Not a huge deal obviously but a pretty basic element of how you service tables in a classy establishment.

Have been at least 5 times in past, satisfaction has varied from 4/10 to 9/10, never nailing it. But it's good enough to keep me coming back I suppose.

Dear Seth A

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will make sure to incorporate your comments in our next staff training session.
We will nail it, i can assure you!

Warms regards

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Thought I would make a reservation for 9 people at my old friend Peter Zambri's Restaurant, (I used to work with Peter as a chef at another restaurant back in the day). Hoping to talk to him personally about party members that have allergy concerns, I asked if he was busy? The waitress was very nice, but the hostess interrupted. Asking my name, the hostess looked at me as if she was assessing my personal wealth, and importance in society. With an extremely rude, and demeaning reply, she just said "No"! I felt like I was on the Titanic, and denied access to use the first class restrooms, or I just wasn't good enough to waist the chef's time! Being in the industry, I know when the kitchen is busy, but with one like cook on, and four table being served, I don't think it was too much to ask Peter to come out of his office so I could have an audience. As for my own personal wealth, well, I've moved on from the Restaurant buisness, and now have disposable money! Sorry Peter! I don't want anyone with that kind of personality destroying what I was hoping to be a very special night! Will try again one day! Maybe?

12  Thank Caroline T