“AWESOME PIZZA!!!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

After eating horrible pizza on a cruise to Alaska for a week, I had been looking for something great in Victoria, our last port of the trip. Google reviews said 'The Joint' is the place. We asked a local info person and they said 'The Joint'. We went there around lunch time.
The pizza was GREAT!! The crust had that great crunch to it. The sauce is amazing, spiced very well. Cheese was good too. Even though the 'pizza standard' on judging calls for a nice 'chew' in the crust and nice stretch in the cheese, these qualities were both lacking as far as THAT goes, but the pizza is phenominal! I travel the country(and now Canada) in search of great pizza. This one is probably in my top 3 of all time!
The only negative thing I'll say is the music they played in there has horrific...kind of a jazz mixed with...??-LOL. The pizza though, OFF THE CHARTS! It was so good, I went back there for dinner too before we left. Sidenote, they have these 'cheese balls' I think they called em, theyre awesome too. Very unique.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We came because we read they had the best gluten free pizza ever - eh not so much. Pizza was very good, but we've had better. Frankly don't get what all the hype is about for the place in general.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Was within walking distance of the Delta hotel. Had gluten free options for our one daughter and dairy free for our other daughter. I was told it was the best gluten free pizza she had ever had.
The wife and I had the daily special which was fresh and very tasty.
Would recommend for those who have dietary restrictions due to celiac or dairy allergies. Good for the rest of us all too.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Pizza during the day was a bit stale; however, the pizza after the bar that night was made fresh and was so delicious! Highly recommend after a night out in Vic

Reviewed 22 August 2016

To start with, I am an extremely shy person. I was reading a book by the marina in the downtown area when a guy came and sat at a bench near mine holding 2 slices of pizza. The pizza looked amazing but I just had to find out where it was from. So eventually I said, "excuse me, where did you get that pizza from?" and he said he got it from The Joint, just down the street. I knew which location he was talking about but I remember that it always looked empty and dark during the day. A few days later I was biking home and decided to stop by for a slice. It was 11pm and there was actually a lot of people there, so I guess its a popular late night pizza spot. The service was very nice and when I went up to order they told me there'd be 2 fresh pizzas out very soon, so I waited. The choice was between pepperoni or vegetarian...I never order vegetarian options, but this pizza looked amazing. Pesto sauce, tomato. artichoke, cheese, spinach (or arugula)... the portion was big and the price was very fair. I will definitely be going back!