“Pleasantly Surprised”

The Avenue Gallery
Ranked #58 of 139 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: One of the premiere boutique galleries in the Pacific Northwest, The Avenue Gallery, in Victoria, British Columbia, has been showcasing contemporary Canadian fine art since 2002. Patrons from around the world are treated to ever-changing exhibits and have access to unsurpassed collections by painters, sculptors, and glass and jewellery artists. This impressive gallery carries a broad spectrum of modern art that appeals to people new to the contemporary art scene as well as knowledgeable collectors.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 11, 2015

As someone who loves fine crafts, I was pleasantly surprised to see the impressive range of ceramics at The Avenue Gallery. The distinctive styles and obvious quality are very appealing as is the price point. The glass blown objects are a further treat to the eye. There are of course, paintings to boot. Living nearby allows me to visit this very special place on a regular basis.

Reviewed June 8, 2015

We have been visiting The Avenue Gallery each time we visit Victoria over the past few years. They have a fantastic selection of art and jewelry and are very knowledgeable about all of the work they carry. We have met and spoken to all of the staff there and everyone has been helpful and a pleasure to speak to. We recommend including this The Avenue Gallery as a stop on your visit to Victoria to pick up something special from the West Coast.

Reviewed June 4, 2015

Just had my first visit to The Avenue Gallery. The staff there were most welcoming and allowed me all the time and room to browse this wonderful gallery. While some of the artwork wasn't to my taste, the vast majority was! There are a few paintings I'm looking at and will definitely be looking more on their website when I get home. Most definitely on my list for a return visit next time I'm in the area!

1  Thank Ian R