“Can I add an extra star? 6 star Resort!”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Oliver, Canada
“Can I add an extra star? 6 star Resort!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I am an avid seeker of comfort, relaxation, and rest!

Recently I was looking for somewhere to go to get away from it all and I happened upon a special rate being offered at Sparkling Hill Resort. So I jumped on the chance of staying at this luxurious hotel that I had heard about through friends. I was booked into a Mountain View room but I ended up staying in the Lakeside room instead, which is definitely worth the upgrade!

When you check in, you are greeted by a friendly group of Front Desk Staff who will patiently explain all the amenities available at the hotel. Afterwards, you are taken to your room by a personable bellhop. The lobby is clean and inviting, and not once do you feel ignored by the staff members at the Resort.

The best part of this hotel is that it is tucked away, so you are not bothered by traffic or the busy lifestyle most of us live on a day-to-day basis. No matter where your room is, you do not have to worry about hearing other guests. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, even though it was a full house the last time I was there.

ROOMS: The beds are memory foam which allows for a restful night. There is a large bathtub that fits two people for that romantic bath, the shower has two shower heads, allowing for that perfect shower, and the tile floor is heated! (Wish I knew that the first time).

TOUR: When you first check in, I strongly suggest doing the tour with Bob or Barry, which runs at 12pm or 1pm. I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times now, and after I did the tour I walked away more informed.

KURSPA: For those of you who want to pamper yourself or your significant other, you will not regret the spa. The hotel is renowned for the Cold Spa which goes down to -110C. My mom did this for her birthday, and for a lady who despises the cold, she truly enjoyed the Cold Spa. I would strongly suggest trying this, it is a new experience, and from what I have been told, it is quite relaxing.

SAUNAS: Now to the best part of the whole hotel, is the saunas and steam rooms. There are 7 to choose from and each is spectacular. I will strongly suggest that you do the Auf Gus, which is usually at 5pm in the casual sauna. After you travel through each sauna, there are showers that are magical. The best one is the tropical shower but once again I don’t want to give away its secret. When you’re done here, move to the pool area, float in the pool of music, and move to the whirlpool. Make sure you turn on the jets and get the massage of your life. Then move to the Tea Room or Serenity Room and start the relaxation experience all over again! Don’t forget to head to the coffee shop for a lovely view and the best sandwiches you have ever had!

TIPS: I will tell you two things; 1) you spend most of your time in your robe, slippers, and walking around with your orange towel, so don’t pack too many clothes (PACK: exercise clothes, pj’s, formal clothes for the PeakFine restaurant, and some casual clothes). 2) Do not just stay for one night. Although it will give you a taste of Sparkling Hill Resort, staying for only one night is just not enough.

Room Tip: Ground floor allows for access to the path immediately, still getting an amazing view. All floors a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Sparkling Hill resort and it far exceeded my expectations. The resort itself is amazing and is adorned with $10.5M worth of Swarovski Crystals. The views are incredible from all vantages and I really enjoyed my experience in the Kur Spa. The rooms were impeccably clean, well laid out and featured an incredibly comfortable bed. The staff in all all areas were great - check in, spa and food services, I was particularily impressed by Lindsey, the Resort Coordinator,her attention to detail and extensive knowledge of the resort is second to none.
I will definitely return to Sparkling Hill and will be recommending it to my company for our annual convention.

Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We just spent the weekend their with friends and we had a terrific time!The Spa was unbelievable. Our meals in the dining room and breakfast restaurant made it a first class experience . Staff are eager to please at every opportunity. Lindsey at guest services provided a detailed tour of this one of a kind facility,that we can't wait to tell our family and friends about!
The rooms are spotless and the views are as good as you'll see anywhere in the world.Highly recommended for family ,friends or a great getaway with your spouse!

1 Thank 629Donna
Kelowna
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Best way to relax quickly...loved the saunas & steam rooms the best and underwater music in the main pool...truly relaxing while you float! It's all about wellness and stress-free living while you're there. Cold sauna is something to experience as you won't find that temp anywhere but space!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank lromanick
SparklingHillResort, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Iromanick,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! At Sparkling Hill, our goal is to provide exceptional service and world class standard for our guests. From reading your review, it seems that your experience at Kurspa met all of your expectations. We encourage you to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter where you can interact with other fans of Sparkling Hill, and share your experience.
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Resort Management
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed at Sparkling Hill for a night and had a fantastic time. From valet and check-in to our final check-out we were treated better than I've experienced anywhere and I must say Lindsey's personal service and her extensive knowledge of the property definitely added to our experience.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an immaculate room, spotlessly clean (I'm a little picky) with an awesome layout and amazing view. We enjoyed the Kur spa for a few hours which was both relaxing and invigorating, like nothing I've tried before. It was truly a unique experience that I would highly recommend.

The restaurant is beautiful with spectacular views of Okanagan Lake and the prime rib was fantastic. You must take advantage of a full course - the desserts are amazing. Breakfast was included with our stay and offered some healthy options and was continually being replenished and freshened.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong as the views are spectacular from all over the hotel.
1 Thank 2RevU4YOU
Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for your kind words! At Sparkling Hill, our goal is to provide exceptional service and world class standard for our guests. From reading your review, it seem that your experience met, and exceeded, all of your expectations. We encourage you to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter where you can interact with other fans of Sparkling Hill, and share your experience. Thank you!

Resort Management
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I were invited to meet some friends at the Sparkling Hill Resort. I was somewhat reluctant based on some of the negative reviews I had read. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful setting, gorgeous rooms and great staff. We did take advantage of the pools, sauna and steam rooms which are definite highlights of this resort. It was strange to see so many guests wandering in white robes and flipflops as they walked to the various wellness facilities. The dinner was excellent, and more reasonably priced than we expected for such a fancy resort. The buffet breakfast, included in the price of the room, was also good and the staff very attentive. Unfortunately, the eggs were cold! All in all, it was a good experience and I would suggest it to others if they needed to get away for a night or two.

Room Tip: Any veiw is a good view!
vancouver, b.c. canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My companion and I have just returned from a two week stay at Sparkling Hill and we can't brag about this place enough............the staff is excellent (and the girls very good looking too), the food in the restaurant is excellent (we didnt have one bad meal all the time we were there), the taste and presentation really good, we enjoyed the pools, the saunas and bought a few things in the gift store. Besides the main restaurant, you can also have some lighter fare in Barrique and Java, so there is no need to go hungry. We applaud Mr Hans Peter Mayr for the job he is doing - truly a nice man and such an asset to this resort. We were treated like royalty and cant wait to go back in June.

Room Tip: A corner room on the top floor, either lake view or mountain views...........
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Prestige Hotel Vernon
#3 of 20 in Vernon
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Predator Ridge Resort
#7 of 20 in Vernon

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!