2,106 results
All reviews sparkling hill infinity pool tea room cold sauna spa services swarovski crystals steam rooms and saunas peakfine restaurant valet parking lake view floor to ceiling windows couples massage spa area peak fine restaurant crystal fireplace course dinner spa experience
Reviewed December 17, 2015

Best couple of days EVER!
We took full advantage of the amenities. We were, however, shocked to discover that the saunas and steamrooms were closed daily from 11:00- 4:00. We would have scheduled our massages and meals differently had we realized that sooner.
Our room was beautifully appointed and a joy to spend time in. A very romantic setting!
Housekeeping did our room while we were having breakfast, a most unexpected and welcome surprise!
We were in the wheelchair accessible suite and found it met all of our needs. The only exception being that the vanity mirror is placed to high on the wall to be of any use to someone that is seated. My hubby found it challenging to shave while only being able to see from his eyebrows up in the mirror!
I would recommend taking a few minutes to wander around the resort on your own self guided tour before getting too settled in. It was sure nice to find out where we needed to be before having to waste time looking for it.
We took in the cookie making class.... fun! Massage.... amazing! Infinity pool in December? Heck ya and so wonderful!
Going back? Hopefully next month! Love this place!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2015

Dear Ange,

Thank you for your review! It is wonderful you enjoyed your stay so much! I do apologize that you were unaware of the hours of operations for the steams and saunas, we try to ensure guests are aware of this by normally advising them as well as mentioning it on our emails, I do apologize for this missed communication! It is great that you joined the cookie making class and found your massage to be amazing! The outdoor infinity pool is one of my personal favorites as well especially in the winter!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed December 17, 2015

Rooms were luscious, service wonderful, steam baths incredible, tea room very nice touch, hot tub and infinity pools perfect ! Rack of lamb entree stuffed with feta and Sun roasted tomatoes with roasted vegetables was sooooo tender, like butter. Complimentary truffles for my birthday. The special 3 course offering for $39.00 was meatloaf which sounded very drab and unimaginative compared to our lamb dinner for the same price. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet which was included with the room. The smoked salmon was wet and soggy from being defrosted, cut cheese was hardened from sitting out on the buffet as were the beautiful German breads. They had to be toasted or were dried out. The breakfast sausages were not very tasty but the scrambled eggs were moist and hot, just the way I like them . Jam assortment very nice. Cakes and squares were offered as well which was nice. You could also have porridge or pancakes if you wanted. The buffet looked lovely. It just didn't taste as good as it looked. I would give the resort a 9 out of 10 and the a la carte menu a 9.5. I would recommend to anyone as a wonderful spa experience. Wonderful gift to give someone.

Room Tip: Make sure room does not overlook sewage treatment area. .
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback! It is great that you found the rooms to be luscious, service wonderful and KurSpa enjoyable! I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Rack of lamb, it is delicious! I appreciate the feedback regarding our breakfast buffet, this will be passed onto our Executive Chef.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 16, 2015

I was at this hotel a year ago.
The view is amazing, please ensure you pay the extra for a great view of the lake. It is totally worth it. It can cloud up though, covering the lake, so be aware of that.
We went for drinks and snacks at the bar two evenings, and one guy for 30 people just does not cut it. Crazy slow.
My favorite steam room was not working. Only one of the neat showers was working. Disappointing. My friend had a facial, but thought it was only ok.
I might return... hard to say.
The food continues to be poor.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orchickie

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad you found the view to be amazing but am sorry to hear of the other areas that left you feeling disappointed last year. Hopefully we will be able to see you this year or in 2016!

We appreciate the opportunity to learn and hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed December 16, 2015

We have a home not too far from Sparkling Hill, so do not stay in the hotel. The views from the dining room are quite nice. I find the pervasive "bling" too much for my taste, (crystals everywhere) but the food is good, and not too pricey. Nice place to take relatives or friends from out-of-town.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you join us with out of town friends for dinner and find it to be an enjoyable place to come!

We look forward to welcoming you and your friend back!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

Just spent a wonderful long weekend at Sparking Hills resort. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was wonderful and the bed very comfortable - I highly recommend a lakeside view room as it is a spectacular view when there is no fog. The Spa experience is amazing as well.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. It is great that you had a wonderful long weekend with us! I am glad you found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful and your room to be wonderful and the spa experience to be amazing. Majority of our guests greatly enjoy our beds and find them to be comfortable, I am glad you agree!

We look forward to welcoming you back!