2,107 results
All reviews sparkling hill infinity pool tea room cold sauna spa services swarovski crystals steam rooms and saunas peakfine restaurant valet parking lake view floor to ceiling windows couples massage spa area peak fine restaurant crystal fireplace course dinner spa experience
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We spent some time at this resort recently. The hotel and spa are beautiful with everything you could ask for. Stunning views every direction you look. We had dinner one night at the on site restaurant and what a disappointment. Being from the prairies we don't get a lot of great sea food so when I'm in BC I like to order it as most of the chiefs out there know what they are doing. The salmon and halibut we ordered were way over cooked, dry and tasteless and the veg that came with it was overcooked as well. I hope the restaurant takes this review as me trying to get them to raise their game to the spectacular level of the surroundings and the prices they charge.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Thank you for providing us with your review! We are very fortunate to be surrounded with such breathtaking and beautiful views regardless of where you are in the resort!

We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience in the PeakFine Restaurant, it is our policy to immediately replace any meal that a guest is not enjoying to one of their choice, my apologies if this was not mentioned to you. Your feedback will most certainly be shared with our Food & Beverage Team.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I recently went to Sparkling Hill resort for a three night stay with family. I had heard all the hype about what a great place it was and yes, the location is definitely great. The hotel was stunning, the rooms were really nice, and, if that is what is most important to you then go to Sparkling Hill and enjoy the beautiful views! However, if you value great service and, like me, expect it when you pay these prices for a four star property, then you may want to reconsider.
I'll give you a summary of events that happened in our stay at Sparkling Hill. I booked online the August promotion rate about a month and a half before our planned arrival. After a couple of weeks, I happened to be scrolling through the resorts "experiences" page on the web and saw the opportunity to add on a wine tasting tour. With my boyfriends birthday happening while we would be there, I thought this would be a great addition to an already wonderfully planned holiday! So, I called back the resort and chatted with a woman I believe by the name of Melissa. I told her that I would like to add on a private wine tour for myself, and the other two members of my family. She said it would be no problem, checked on availability and then, when she found an opening, changed our rate in the system to include the tour rate.
Once we arrived at the hotel, my first thought was WOW! Impressive. I have been fortunate enough to travel all over the world and stay at some beautiful hotels, but to have something this lavisht so close to home impressed me. The hotel is nestled into the rocks and Swarovski crystals adorn the whole place from the lobby to the restaurant to the guest rooms. The hotel was clean and inviting with lots of beautiful light shining through the large and expansive windows. After check in, I realized walking to the room that the young lady who checked us in never mentioned nor confirmed our package rate and wine tour inclusion. So, not too big a deal I thought, and called down to the front desk once inside the room. The first time no one answered. They must be on the phone I thought so I called back a few minutes later. Finally, an answer by a young woman (sorry the name is escaping me now). I mentioned that I wanted to confirm that I had a private wine tour booked for the next day and if they could confirm the details I'd appreciate it. She couldn't find the information at first, then somehow, somewhere it appeared and she confirmed. I said," I'm sorry to ask again but I just want to make sure it is a private tour right? "Yes." she said. "Great!" and I hung up.

About five mins after the phone call I get a text from the owner of the wine company wanting to confirm how I would be paying for the wine tour the next day. I informed her that I just got off the phone with the front desk who had confirmed my package rate that includes the wine tour! Wait what? Confusing! I called back down to the front desk and got a young man this time. I relayed the message that I had just called and confirmed my private wine tour package but the tour operator seems to have no information about this and is asking me for payment. He put me on hold and then comes back on apologizing. "Sorry," he said. "It seems that someone inputed the wrong code on your reservation and that's where the confusion lay. "We will make sure we take care of it. Again, my apologies."

Ok, so I forgive again, although my doubt about actually getting four star service to go along with a four star property is wavering. I text the tour owner back again and tell her they have taken care of it and that they apologize. I then proceed to tell her about some of the wineries we would love to see the following day. She very innocently tells me that because I didn't book a private wine tour, unfortunately she wouldn't be able to do that. Now, I'm sure anyone can imagine my anger by this point. Really??? I've been in the hotel for maybe an hour?! This can't be right! The owner tells me I better check with the hotel and make sure I wasn't charged for the private tour as the cost is significantly more. I honestly had enough by this point. I apologized to her and cancelled the whole tour. Not her fault. She was just as frustrated as I was but I wasn't about to spend the next hour of my evening on the phone with the front desk. That really had got me nothing but confusion and I was verging on growing bed sores from sitting for so long trying to sort it out!!!! :))

So, we decide to do our own wine tour the next day. In the meantime, we settled ourselves down and poured a bottle of wine and looked out at the impressive view of the lake from our window side seating.

The next morning we got up early to see the much talked about spa and use the fitness facility before embarking on our wine adventure. The gym was disappointingly small but had a great view of the golf course from the two treadmills. The rest of the spa was expansive and beautiful. We had a run and then looked around. We never used any of the facilities except the bathroom on the way out - that's what a good run in the morning can do for a person.... What? I'm just saying!!

I headed in to the first stall and thank goodness I just happened to look before sitting! No toilet paper anywhere! None in the two roll dispenser and none in the vicinity of the stall. Well that was a close one!! And again? Really? Are you for real? Just another reason I had every intention of talking to the manager. I mean come one... If I was at a two or three star hotel or motel I can see mistakes happen, I can see empty tp. But a four star resort....no wait... they claim "British Columbia Luxury Resort". What luxury resort doesn't have toilet paper stocked????? And what luxury resort can't be organized enough to get your reservations correct? I'm sorry but no hotel with these claims should ever do that.

Sparkling Hill resort needs to take lessons from some of the pros, like the Relais Chateaux in Lake Louise, The Post. These two Swiss gentlemen only employ people who have been to hotel training. Each owner walks through the hotels halls with a white glove checking for dust and all staff are superbly organized and service is impeccable. I will pay $400 and up for a place like that. I won't pay that ever again at Sparkling Hill. in fact, I was so disappointed in, not only, all the confusion, but how the manager handled it. He listened, apologized, and changed my rate back, but really didn't make me feel like anything was going to change if I returned - so I won't.

Sparkling Hill will not get my business again until they up their service quality and management does a better job of ensuring these types of things don't happen again. I've had three couples who have stayed there and said they won't go back either due to the same type of service issues. Sorry Sparkling Hill. Beautiful resort, but 2 star service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Leah W

Dear Leah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your detailed feedback. We are truly disappointed to hear of your experience, please allow me to apologize that we did not deliver the standard that we strive for. I would love to have the opportunity to follow up with you directly, if I may ask, please let me know the best way to reach you by contacting me at glorija.toplak@sparklinghill.com.

Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I quite enjoyed my time at sparkling hill. My boyfriend and I stayed for a total of four days under the couples package. The spa was absolutely amazing! My favourite was the rose sauna - fantastic! the valet service was excellent, Ben was always very friendly and nice! As well the night time girl Jordy also was very nice and we chatted with her a few times during our nights there! Also Lucy in the bar was great! Thanks so much to everyone we will definitely be returning!

Eve Schmidt

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you providing us with your feedback! The Couples Escape is a wonderful package as you get to truly experience everything that we have to offer, our rooms, KurSpa, PeakFine Restaurant and Barrique & Java Café! Indeed, the Rose Sauna is very popular and I am happy to hear it is your favorite.

Thank you for specifically mentioning our sparkling team members Ben, Jordy and Lucy, we are very fortunate to have them as part of our Sparkling Hill Family!

Thank you again Eve, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Our room was amazing and the spa is like no other I have been to. Breakfast was delicious and my husband and I enjoyed our time there. Unfortunately someone pulled the fire alarm in the middle of the night and we had to evacuate but otherwise an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: ocean view if you can get it is amazing
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to read you had a lovely visit with us. It is excellent that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the PeakFine Restaurant so much. We feel honored that our KurSpa is like no other you have been to, what a great compliment!

Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences with the fire alarm, we are truly sorry this occurred during your stay.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Went here for a weekend girl's getaway in July. We had 3 lake-view rooms beside each other on the 2nd floor. There is free valet parking, a great breakfast is included daily, and access to the pools, saunas, steam rooms, tea room and quiet room are included in your stay. We took advantage of a girl's getaway promotion on Sparkling Hill's website that also included $100 towards a spa treatment, a 3 course dinner at the restaurant onsite, and a cocktail from the coffee/wine bar was also onsite. It was a steal of a deal!

The rooms are well-appointed, the armchairs are starting to show a tiny bit of wear but overall they are just fine, with comfortable beds and a stand-alone tub beside the window in each room. The hotel is laid out in a way so that each room is very private and you cannot see into any other rooms. The only thing that could be awkward is that if you are traveling with friends and not solo or as a couple, the shower stall is all glass on 2 sides - but we got around that by timing our visits to the pool so that one of us could shower. There are also showers available near the pools.

The steam rooms / saunas are open in the morning, close for the afternoon, then open again in the evening - we were sure to time our treatments and activities so that we could take advantage of the amenities. The spa treatments were good, quite relaxing but they weren't out of this world amazing. I found the check-in process to be a bit clunky, but post-treatment I was taken to the tea room for some tea, light snacks, and relaxation.

The service was good - everyone was friendly, from check-in, to valet, to the restaurant and café. No complaints. This resort is great for couples, solo, and friends - not so much for families, as children under 16 are not able to access the pools, etc. However, the resort has a great location, with spectacular views and a quick drive to Vernon and Kelowna. You can choose to spend your time lounging around in your robe, enjoying the spa facilities, or you can drive to town to shop, eat, go for a hike, pick fruit, or visit many of the region's wineries.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. Sparkling Hill is very popular for girls getaway’s, we are delighted that you enjoyed the 2 day package. You are absolutely right, our guests are welcome to lounge in their robe and enjoy the complimentary amenities included in their stay; complimentary access to our 7 unique steams and saunas, the Kneipp waterway, the indoor pool complete with underwater music and starry Swarovski crystal sky, outdoor infinity pool overlooking Lake Okanagan, hot pool, FunFit Center, Tea and Serenity Room as well as our full hot breakfast.

Thank you for mentioning how friendly everyone was, our Sparkling Hill Team members will be very glad to hear this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another Girls Getaway!