“Good Food Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dorians Greek Taverna
Ranked #35 of 211 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dorian’s Greek Taverna is a restaurant located in downtown Vernon, B.C. The new owners invite all guests, previous and new to experience authentic Greek cuisine cooked to perfection by our new culinary-trained chef. We pride ourselves in providing freshly made meals served by our friendly and efficient serving staff. We do our best to ensure that you feel comfortable in our clean restaurant and inviting atmosphere. While our menus have been re-vamped and now easier to read, our menu items are more flexible and the prices have changed only minutely to meet the flexibility of the menu. A new feature to our menus is that we have wine pairings to indicate a perfect match of a dish and the wine. To our drink menu, we have added Dorian’s Cellar White Wines and Cellar Red Wines. In addition, besides our regular and popular Greek dessert, baklava, we have new homemade desserts every week. Come visit us; try our new wines and our authentic Greek cuisine.
Campbell River, Canada
“Good Food Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

First of all, the map is showing the location incorrectly (on 25th for some strange reason!), so make sure you google the location outside of this website!
My mom and I went here for dinner and the setting was lovely and the waitress was very polite and helpful. I had the chicken souvlaki/calamari meal and my mom had the greek rib meal, both were on special, both were $19.95. The portion was HUGE! It came with rice, greek potato, greek salad AND pita and tzatziki. The potato was very lemonly (we didn't like it that much but I image that's how greek potato is made). There was lots of rice which we didn't eat all of. I found the calamari could have uses some seasoning in the breading but other than that the meal was great! A tad on the expensive side but we still felt we got our moneys worth. The waitress was very helpful, helping us choose out meals and select wine. The restaurant is run by greeks and the Baklava is apparently made in house, I feel I have had better but it was still delicious!
2 giant meals (with doggie bags!), a half liter of wine and one baklava = $69....not bad!!

• Visited January 2012

Vernon, Canada
“Excellent food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

We visited the above in the middle of the week. It was not very busy. Our server was very friendly and efficient. I had the Roast lamb and my wife had the Greek Ribs. Both dinners were excellent. Myself I can live without the Greek lemon potatoes, but otherwise very good. We had a half liter of Greek red wine that went very well with our dinner.
All in all I would like to recommend this restaurant very much. The prices are very reasonable. and we will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Good Greek food for the hungry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Good location downtown, typical Greek restaurant decor with the pictures on the walls of Mediterranean land/seascapes. Service is very good, food is very good, and lots of it. Great place to go if you haven't eaten in a week. I nearly always order the roast lamb, it does not disappoint. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. All entrees arrive with ample side dishes of Greek salad, Greek potatoes, pita, tsasiki and rice. I caution you, however much you are tempted, to NOT order an appetizer as you will most definetly be going home with a doggy bag.

Vernon, Canada
“Great Food As Always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Excellent food and service as always. We have never had a bad meal here or when the owners were in Armstrong. The portions are big, the food is fantastic and the service is great! If you are looking for good Greek food I would recommend Dorians!

• Visited September 2011
Vernon
“Excellent food - great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We have been to Dorian's twice in the last month or so and really enjoyed our visit both times. The servers are great and so is the food. My chicken and prawns were excellent and the Greek salad is exactly what I would expect from a Greek restaurant.
Don't miss this gem.