All reviews room was clean hi express presidential suite plastic cutlery sausage patties hot tub and swimming pool minor issue exercise room king bed front desk staff fridge and microwave would stay here again complimentary breakfast coffee maker highway rates pets
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We were camping in the Okanagan for 2 weeks and in the middle of the vacation we were without a provincial campsite reservation as we moved from park to park. For a change of pace we decided to check into a Hotel instead of finding a place to set up the tent trailer, the thought of running water and electricity seemed like a nice change of pace. The Holiday Inn Express was the perfect place, the staff were friendly, our room was clean and had lots of towels which allowed each of our family of 4 to have a long luxurious shower, we used the pool and the in house laundry facilities, ordered a pizza and snuggled into some super comfortable beds and watched the olympics on TV for a few hours. In the morning we felt clean refreshed and ready to tackle the wilderness again after a great breakfast that had something for everyone in the family. Thankyou Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2016

After a horrible experience in Calgary at a holiday inn I was scared about staying at another but this was fabulous, very clean, front desk was great in letting us know that the road to Kelowna was closed due to fires, the breakfast was unbelievable so good, and the rates where very good, a diffinent stay again.... No slide in the pool but kids had fun racing and doing cannon balls

Room Tip: 2nd floor was great and we had 2 queens and there still felt spacious
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, no complaints about the hotel it was absolutely great. Modern and updated. However, there is one thing I noticed customer service was very poor. Receptionist and even the breakfast bar server not even greeted you just say hi or hello or how are you nor even good morning. This must be improved.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for your honest comments about your recent stay with us here in Vernon it sounds like you loved everything about our new look in the hotel , but unfortunately we dropped the ball big on the customer service part of your stay. I take customer service very serious, and if this is lacking I need to know and then i can fix . I would love to hear more about your stay and what you experienced.

Mike
GM
250-550-7777

Reviewed July 23, 2016

July 15 - 18, 2016. The Hotel staff were very courteous and professional. The manager came to my rescue when I dropped some items and broke them and the clean up was swift and prompt. After a long drive, it was nice coming to a clean room where the bed and pillows were perfect for a great night's sleep. The price was perfect for my budget and it included a continental breakfast which had a lot of variety. Vernon was fantastic and so was my hotel experience. I will be back!
Deb

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Mike S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Thank you 2016Deb2016 for these great tinks you say about the staff and my self , its people like you that make me love this business , so happy that you enjoyed the bed , pillows and were able to get a great night rest . I look forward to your return one day soon.

Mike
GM

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Nothing much wrong with this hotel, except when were checking in the rate was shown $20 higher than my confirmed reservation. It was immediately and politely corrected but this is not a good business practice. (The next night in Osoyoos we had the same issue - $45 higher, less immediately and politely fixed). This location was OK, but nearby restaurant options were limited. Excellent convenience for the highway.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank DesOCA

Thank you for you comments DesOCA , i am not sure why there was an issue with the rate being different than what you were given please would you call me and let me know your reservation number and date i will look into what the reason was .
Mike Smallenberg