All reviews village green front desk pet area hot tub and sauna no elevator breakfast vouchers pet friendly hotel pet owners green space would recommend this hotel to anyone on site restaurant silver star patio doors liquor store room was clean and comfortable stayed two nights definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and it was a cost effective stay, which included a hearty breakfast. We would only suggest having a hot porridge some mornings and changing up the variety in the egg & meat breakfasts. Also the bananas & apples in the large bowls were looking pretty old the first morning & did get refreshed. The quiet room we requested was indeed quiet. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Our room was clean & inviting. This pet friendly room came with a dpg park map, a "potty" bag and some treats. Right outside our patio door is a huge grassy "run" with picnic tables and a seven foot solid fence. The staff are friendly and helpful. The on site restaurant has an eclectic menu and good food. I didn't have time to visit the gym but expect to on my next visit.

Room tip: If you have a pet, take a room in the wing behind the office.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2015

You get what you pay for. I stayed at the Village Green on business and chose the most affordable room. It was ok but my major concern as a business traveler was the lack of a proper desk chair. There was a desk, which is good, but the chair was a dining room type chair - not appropriate for business travelers. The wifi was good though. There are other choices in Vernon I would choose in preference to the Village Green although to be perfectly fair, perhaps the newer rooms are better.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Riviera Plaza & Conference Centre, Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

Dear Village Green Hotel guest and Trip Advisor reviewer,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is without a doubt that we can only improve our hospitality product when guests and reviewers take the time to evaluate our product.

I appreciate your comments with regarding the lack of an appropriate "desk" chair and agree! We will be entering another phase of renovations this off-season and will be addressing this particular concern, among others, directly.

Providing hospitality with value is what we do, particularly considering the full-service features, of a Restaurant; Catering; Pub; Liquor Store; Medi-Spa; and now a 10,000 square foot BreakAway Health & Fitness facility.

Please look us up in the new year as we progress with improvements and the best value in Vernon.

Thank you for your review!

President/General Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2015

Stayed in the king sized bed suite with the Jacuzzi in the room and we enjoyed it! At first I thought the bed wouldn't be comfortable to sleep in but it was. The room service was good our room was thoroughly cleaned every day we stayed there. Certain aspects of the room were dated like the Jacuzzi and some furniture in the room but the price of the room was good so I didn't mind. They all served their purpose the jacuzzi worked well and so did everything else. We weren't expecting a 5 star hotel that costs $1000 a night or anything. There was a continental breakfast buffet which was good. Pleasant service from the cleaning ladies, the front desk clerks and the breakfast ladies. We had a little patio that had a beautiful view of the flowers and ponds in the center of the property. The gym looked very nice if I'd had the time to go that is usually a really big detail for me. One negative I noticed was the cleaners kept cleaning supplies in the hallway 24/7 but that is the only negative I can think of. There is no elevator in our section but we were only one floor up and we liked the brick wall and vintage stair case. Overall I would definitely stay here again! Glad I got a BCAA discount.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Riviera Plaza & Conference Centre, Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Dear Guest and Tripadvisor reviewer,
Thank you so much for your informative review! I always take great pleasure in reading the reviews of our guests, particularly when they take the time to give such a meaningful opinion. I appreciate the comments regarding our hotel's cleanliness and efficient service, and do recognize that as an older property, it can be challenging to remain "current"; nevertheless, as you mentioned, we did succeed in providing for a lovely stay.
I want to comment on the cleaning carts etc in the hallways; thank you for pointing this out, we now make a concerted effort to keep our carts in non-public areas and can assure you that your comments made the difference.
In regard to not having an elevator on the floor you were on, please understand that we do have elevator service for our tower complex so that if stairs ever became a real problem, we can accommodate your accessibility concerns without difficulty.
Finally, we are pleased not only to be able to offer the CAA rate, but also many other rates. Always be sure to give us a direct call to ensure that you get the best rate for your stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and more importantly, thank you for staying at the Village Green Hotel.

President/General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Village Green Hotel in Vernon with a group of 38 international guests. The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful from the moment we arrived and even kept the restaurant open for an additional 1,5 hour so my group could have dinner. The rooms are very clean with comfortable beds. Thanks for the great service!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Riviera Plaza & Conference Centre, Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2015

Dear Village Green Hotel guest and Tripadvisor reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Village Green Hotel. Being a full service hotel property gives us the latitude to make last minute arrangements, that otherwise may not be possible. Having our 27 Street Grille stay open later for your group was our pleasure and I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the same.

As a full service property we pride ourselves in being able to accommodate our guests while also being able to provide value to every stay. Your comments are truly appreciated, particularly with regard to our efforts in maintaining a clean and comfortable establishment . Please come again, and visit with us at the Village Green Hotel, where you can enjoy Vernon's best value.

Warm regards,