Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
srimanone
Joshua Tree, California

GOOD CLEAN HOTEL IN GOOD LOCATION

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 8, 2023via mobile
Stayed here for one night. Check in gal needs some training as was not very pleasant. Room was good facing the parking lot but better then facing another building. Breakfast was usual fare. Lots of free parking and many restaurants around the area.
Date of stay: August 2023
    C$450
  • eDreams
12.8 km from Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
View more hotels in Vernon
All reviews water slides waffle maker free breakfast restaurants within walking distance nice clean hotel fresh fruit beds were comfortable would stay here again oatmeal lots of parking room rate front desk staff superstore highway
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2023

Excellent service. Kathy was friendly and prompt. Breakfast was decent and hotel was clean. The gym has 3 cardo machines and free weights with a good adjustable bench We will be back again very soon.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2023 via mobile

This was a clean hotel with a basic breakfast but the price was good and beds were comfortable so that is the important thing..
Breakfast was scrambled eggs and breads and sausage.. it was easy to find and lots of parking. I would stay here again as it upholds the Marriott name well

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2023

The room that we got wasn’t clean but wasn’t dirty. You could tell that it was cleaned in a hasty manner.
We were put on the 4th floor and the elevators stopped working. We were not offered any sort of discount.

I stay in hotels 40+ nights per year and I’ve never had the following issue. I use medical cannabis, I’ve been using it for years. I always bring it up to my hotel rooms but never smoke it inside (don’t even smoke in my own house) when we checked out the front desk lady checked our room. She said she would have to keep a 250$ cleaning charge because she could smell cannabis.
I told her that I never smoked it in the room, and I rolled one just prior to leaving so that’s what she smelled.
She told me that she has an allergy to it so she will be keeping a 250$ deposit. I indicated to her that I am allergic to perfume and the lobby had a very strong perfume smell. She didn’t care and they kept my money. I reviewed the hotel policies and there was no policy for odours in room, just a policy for smoking which I followed.
I contacted the head office via email and they never responded. I have never felt like such a piece of garbage. The woman made me feel like a little hoodlum. This is a prescription drug that I’ve been using for years without issue at any other hotel ever.

When I went to the hotels Facebook page to read reviews it looks like many customers feel as though they’ve been scammed by this hotel for various reasons. While talking with the front desk lady she also let it slide that (we will have to wash the bedding now because of you) ….. so that indicated to me that they don’t normally clean/wash the bedding.

I don’t make a lot of money, I just purchased a house and have a little family starting. 250$ doesn’t seem like a lot but after the amount of money I spent on a nice family day weekend for my family 250$ hurts a lot.

Be careful booking here. Looks like they are a bit on the dishonest side

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2022

We checked in, went to our room. It had a strong sewer smell, so we turned the bathroom fan on and went out for dinner. When we came back it was better but not gone. Within 1/2 hour I had a headache, which I never get. My husband went to the front desk. She didn’t want to move us to a different room until he insisted. I left a message with the manager, Ashley, and have not received a call back. The rooms are not clean and overall the hotel needs maintenance.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Fairfield Inn Vernon, Other at Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2022

Dear Connie,

Thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us regarding your stay in Vernon at Fairfield Inn & Suites on Oct. 23! Your honest feedback is very much appreciated. We take pride in providing the highest level of Guest Services to those who matter most - guests such as yourself! We apologize for the unpleasant odor in your room as well. Allow us to also apologize for the way in which this situation was handled as you should have been offered to move rooms as an immediate solution. Your review has been passed along to our Management team, who will investigate further into the matter and take the necessary action so the odor improves in that particular room. As a result of your experience, if you choose to stay with us again, and we sincerely hope you do, we're prepared to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our best available room at our lowest rate available, subject to availability.

I have shared your feedback with the associates, and as a teachable moment, we have discussed our service standards to this particular individual you dealt with and reviewed improvement opportunities in the service they provide so a situation like this can be handled better in future. I am confident that the necessary steps will be taken to ensure your experience is an isolated incident.

I hope you choose to stay with us again, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Ryan Kazulin
Guest Services Supervisor
Fairfield Inn & Suites
reserve@fairfieldvernon.com
250-260-7829

Reviewed July 25, 2022 via mobile

We had a 6 night stay here - 2 adults and 2 young teens. Welcoming cheerful lobby with wonderful fresh smell. Observed that front desk staff earlier in the week were warm, friendly and cheerful but not so much towards the end of our stay. Our room had only one luggage stand for 4 adult size people. This seems to be the norm for most hotels even with 2 double/queen beds. We pulled out the ironing board to use as a luggage stand for 2 pieces of luggage.

Pool seemed a bit small as when we tried to use it a couple of evenings, there were just too many people for us to feel comfortable. Poster said the waterslide is closed at 9 PM and that the pool is open till 10 PM but one of the nights we went to check, the lights in the swimming pool area were completely shut off at 9:15 PM while they were still people inside using the pool.

We were very appreciative of the free breakfast included but they were a few weird things about it. One of the two servers working on alternating days was not very friendly or customer oriented. Very cold and curt when we inquired about additional food when it ran out. The free breakfast is mostly self served, eg. make your own waffle, bagel, toast. Help yourself to peeled boiled eggs, yogurt cups, oatmeal, and cereal. Two hot items alternating every second day – premade cheese omelettes and sausage rounds one day and then the next day, scrambled eggs and sausages. None of the hot items were browned and therefore did not look very appetizing but we were thankful for the hot items. Self serve waffle maker is a bit slow so often there was a lineup or people just gave up trying to make a waffle. Very funny that there is a sign near the waffle maker showing Belgian waffles with whip cream and sliced fruit when all that was offered besides the waffle maker was a container of syrup. No prepared fresh fruit or whip cream as an option. Fresh fruit for most days were mandarin whole oranges and apples. We didn’t take any apples because not sure if they were washed as I observed the server just refilling the Mandarin oranges straight out of the bag.

At the beginning of our stay, we enjoyed taking our breakfasts and sitting outside at the tables and chairs in the patio. We always cleaned up after ourselves and pushed the chairs in. I had observed the not so friendly server using a large rock to keep the door to the patio open. Towards the end of our stay, someone had replaced the rock with one of the white towels used in the hotel rooms. Yuck? I spotted the rock nearby and exchanged that for the towel, hoping to help the lady. While we were eating our breakfast outside, the unfriendly lady kicked the rock out of the door and started to pull the door shut. Before the door closed, my husband ran towards it and asked how we were going to get in and she curtly told him to knock. Well sometimes these ladies are working in the kitchen or away from the door area. We also tended to sit out there a little past the 9:30 am breakfast deadline to further enjoy the outdoors and view. The hotel does not have balconies for their rooms so the patio is the next best thing. Soon after, towards the end of our stay, we wanted to sit out on the patio for breakfast again but all the tables and chairs had been removed. What a waste of space. Maybe there’s an explanation but it was hard not to feel we were being targeted as we were consistently the people who sat outside for breakfast.

Near the end of breakfast on our last day of stay, my husband observed that the friendlier breakfast lady cleaned up the toaster by shaking all the crumbs onto the counter and then brushing them all down onto the floor in front of the nearby sink. We wondered why she did not just empty the crumbs into the sink or the large garbage can with the large opening no more than 10 feet away. She continued to tidy up the counter and put away things, all the while stepping all over the crumbs. We sat there in awe and waited to see if those crumbs were going to be cleaned up. Eventually she came with a mop and bucket and mopped the whole floor, including sweeping the crumbs all over the place. We wondered why someone would do do this, choosing to make something dirtier when they could’ve made it cleaner from the beginning. And this is not something that anyone would do if it was their home.

Date of stay: July 2022