All reviews ricky's restaurant western hotels front desk nice hotel would stay here again comfortable beds great stay main floor free breakfast full kitchen stayed one night mini fridge silver star bw lobby suite dishwasher
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

New and clean. My room card wouldn't work the second day as they thought I was checking out instead of staying the night. When paying the rates weren't as quoted. Restaurant staff not the friendliest and both times I ate there the food wasn't very good.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Very modern rooms. Very comfortable. Shopping within minutes from your room. Easy access from north or south,or from the east. Also turn right when leaving hotel, and you are on the road to Silver Star and great skiing.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice. Hearing and cooling system is a bit wonky but, a nice place for the money. Never had any problems. Beds aren't quite as big as other places but they are clean. Prices can't be beat.

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed October 23, 2014

Got last suite on 2nd floor and 1 room with queen bed on ground floor. Suite: full size: fridge, stove, micro Dishwasher, dish towels, dish soap Dishes, utensils, coffee, coffee pot. sitting area with tv, bedroom: 2 queen beds, tv, blow dryer,bathroom nice size, linen closet with amenities. Free wifi.
Room w/queen bed: coffee pot, coffee, small fridge, small love seat, settee bench free wifi. Room faced road way. No road noise was heard. Suite faced parking lot, no noise heard.

The heating/ac thermostat is not easiest to figure out. Beds were comfy. Loved that all lamps had both usb & plugs in them so charging cells/tablets can be done.

It's a very nice hotel with nice rooms. I enjoyed the stay of 2 nights, however the Pop Machine on main floor was sold out and never refilled. Even though front desk was informed. There was another on 4th floor that wasn't sold out.

I found the outside 'smoking' area was Too Close to front doors of hotel, I had to walk by smokers on my way in and out, which was truly disgusting & they all hung out right in front of hotel doors so there was no way to avoid it. I suggest the hotel move it Away from front doors.

Other than that I found it too be a very nice hotel, with reasonable prices. It was clean and modern.

Room tip: We had full suite on 2nd floor looking at parking lot. Heard no noise. Also regular room 1 queen bed on ground floor facing roadway, no noise
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2014

The hotel was modern and clean with friendly staff. Overall we were satisfied with our stay, however I did find the washroom poorly lit due to the use of insufficient LED lighting. I kept reaching for the light switch hoping to turn it up so I wouldn't have to squint into the mirror... The beds were very comfortable and the free wi fi worked very well plus the hotel was priced reasonably so I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2014