Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
Open today: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Whistler
from US$79.79
from US$83.63
from US$100.74
from US$46.10
More Info
All reviews first nations gift shop guided tour bannock short film cultural experience welcome song long house totem poles beautiful building local tribes venison great museum great insight on display for sale entrance fee
Reviewed October 3, 2018

The staff were so informative and knowledgeable about the history. The First Nations people are fully involved in the running of the centre.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I took my 9 year old son here. Brittany was our tour guide. She left me with a greater respect and appreciation for the native people. I loved her personal story of sharing her culture and oral traditions with her own daughter. She showed us how to make cedar bark bracelets. I had taken my son out of school to come to Whistler with us and this was like a field trip for him. So glad we went!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

This is a very modern centre with just the right amount of information. I just felt that for the money it was a little light on what it gave. Would recommend it but just that one issue.
There is a cafe and a short outdoor section which can easily be missed. Did not take the guided tour which is every hour, but perhaps that would have enhanced our experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

The facility is located centrally, near Whistler Village. It is a beautiful structure and the guides are authentic First Peoples' descendants with native names. Our guide was very informative and pleasant. Because of our time limit, she gave us a concise introduction to the native culture. We engaged in a lively dance demonstration. Initially, we had our breakfast at the facility in a tee-pee like structure, where an young man dressed in proper native wear sang for us in a native language, a breakfast chant. A wonderful touch to the beginning of the day! An enjoyable experience!

Reviewed September 22, 2018

This is an interesting way to learn about two of the indigenous tribes that live in the Whistler area. You get a real understanding of how they lived in the past and also how they are teaching their children now to understand and appreciate their colorful heritage. I would recommend a visit to anyone who has a few days in Whistler.