Location is great but you must have a clean and comfortable hotel with good facilities. We booked a deluxe double slope side @499 dollars for 6 nights via Amex fine hotels package . On arrival were given single beds and told no doubles we're available but could upgrade to gold double for 300 dollars extra per night ! Amex then investigated and got rate down to 150 dollars . The hotel then said we could have slope side double the next day ! Seemed to be trying it on ? So all sorted and we checked in to our single bedded room which was very tired , bit tatty ,well worn , and went for a swim . The leisure facilities were pretty grim ,all very old and outdated . Worst was all the wet areas ,which you walk over barefoot , are used by everybody with outdoor shoes on ! Also the pool edges above the water line were green and slimy. Feeling a bit miserable we retuned to our single room for a shower .Arghh ! The shower wall tiles were dirty and mouldy ,in one corner there was some sort of brown goo .
That was it ,given our brief experience of check in ,the facilities ,the mould etc we checked straight out and into the fabulous 4 seasons, which is only 300 metres from the slopes - see my report . Yes the Fairmont is on the slopes and the ski hire etc is very good downstairs but this hotel is in serious need of a complete upgrade and at present is no better than a 3 star .Certainly awful value .I have to add we stayed at the Fairmont waterfront Vancouver for two nightsperiod to whistler and although that is a bit jaded ,it was clean and we Really enjoyed it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler's landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. A classic 12-story Chateau-style resort hotel with Health Club, Spa and the largest pool deck in Whistler - offering indoor and outdoor swimming pools, four whirlpools and breathtaking views of Blackcomb mountain. Situated a five minute walk from village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Fairmont Whistler
- Whistler Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort