My wife,daughter and myself stayed at Chateau Whistler for a 1 week ski break from 10th March. This was our 2nd stay-it was so good 1st time we had to come back!
The staff were extremely courteous and helpful at all times and as we were celebrating our daughters birthday during our stay we received a lovely room upgrade to a slope side view. As my wife does not ski this was a definite bonus as it was fascinating to watch the activity outside.
The room was kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was slightly darker than we like and could be better lit.
The spa and outdoor Jacuzzi's were lovely and very quiet during the day although there were large numbers of children in the early evening as it was Canada's 2 week spring break-so if you don't want children around don't choose these weeks.
The staff in the ski room and the valet ski service was excellent-much better than anything in europe. Picking up our skis was stress free and as it is truly ski-in ski-out it was very easy access to the slopes. You do however need skis suitable for powder to really enjoy this area and the standard of the rental equipment was excellent so it is better to hire than take your own unless they are for powder. It is less sunny than in the Alps in March but the superb skiing more than makes up for it.
As we booked our stay in advance we had spending credit at the food areas and had lovely breakfasts in Portobello Deli for free. They also do very good sandwiches at lunchtime but its a shame it closes at 5.00pm.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone and the skiing was magnificent-epic powder
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler's landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. A classic 12-story Chateau-style resort hotel with Health Club, Spa and the largest pool deck in Whistler - offering indoor and outdoor swimming pools, four whirlpools and breathtaking views of Blackcomb mountain. Situated a five minute walk from village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Fairmont Whistler
- Whistler Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort