Hubby booked us into a standard Fairmont Gold room for one night for my birthday. Maybe it was because they couldn't adjust the rate of our previously-made booking (made through Expedia) to match a last-minute deal price (available through the hotel) or maybe it was because he told them it was my birthday, but when we arrived, we found we had been upgraded to a Fairmont Gold Junior Suite! They also arranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our room & all the concierges made sure to wish me a happy birthday :)
Regular "Gold"-level rooms are already amazingly comfy & well-appointed, but the Junior Suite was something else. Even the amenities were upgraded ("Le Labo" shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotions, and soaps!).
Regardless, we always enjoy the perks of staying on the Gold level, which include breakfast (both continental and hot food choices), afternoon appies, and coffee/tea/snacks available at any time the Gold lounge is open. It's also nice to have a few DVDs to borrow, a few friendly concierges to help with any bookings you need, and someone to mail out your letters or postcards without having to find a post office on your own.
Even without upgrading to the "Gold" level, the Chateau is a great choice. Great location (ski-in/ski-out in the winter months), phenomenal service, great pool & hot tubs, great workout facilities, and wonderful food options. "The Wildflower" has a delicious menu & a very good wine list at affordable pricing for the quality you get. "The Mallard Lounge" is everything you'd expect from an apres-ski lounge with its fireplaces, comfy couches & great appetizer choices.
Thank-you to the staff at the Chateau for another memorable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler's landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. A classic 12-story Chateau-style resort hotel with Health Club, Spa and the largest pool deck in Whistler - offering indoor and outdoor swimming pools, four whirlpools and breathtaking views of Blackcomb mountain. Situated a five minute walk from village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Fairmont Whistler
- Whistler Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort