2,351 results
All reviews ski valet east tower heavenly bed firerock lounge spg points one bedroom suite per day self park full kitchen ski school hot tub gas fireplace driving range small kitchen can't beat the location end of the day ski equipment
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Good location, convenient to get to lift and village but bad customer service and rooms are overpriced.

Took almost an hour to check-in because we were originally promised an upgrade and agreed to a price but after 30 min of trying to change the room, the manager comes back to tell us that the room had actually been sold already. Then, manager was not apologetic after the long wait but rather defensive. To add salt on the wound, they had originally sold us on the upgrade because after seeing that we were traveling with 5 people in our group (one being an elderly woman), the front desk attendant said the room we have was going to be too small and that one of us would have to be sleeping on the couch.

If you are one who likes to enjoy going to the hot tub after a day on the mountain, be prepared to just soak in the tub in your room because the ones on property are way too small for the size of this hotel and always packed.

Bottom line, stay here as your last resort...try to look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: December 2011
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
2  Thank Freedom313076
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us in person to resolve the issues you experienced during your stay. We’re grateful we were able to reach a resolution and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,
Bryce Beatty
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Too big...stay in Pan Pacific. Internet hardly works and for a massive hotel in a ski resort you would think the hot tub would be larger outside..fits 10 people and was 90 degrees...cold. as a gold starwood member they tried putting me in a studio with two queen beds...only after i got angry did they correct. Unfortunetly the starwood program is not what it was 5 or 10 yrs ago.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Spent three nights here with my wife and two teenage children in December. We could not have been happier with this hotel. The location is perfect for skiing in and out, as well as access to the village.

We had two connecting rooms that were very modern and well-maintained and we had a great stay.

On the negative side, I think Starwood is one of those hotel chains that do nickel and dime their guests too much and paying for ski storage is an example of this. Free wi-fi would have been nice but it's widely available in the village and not having it didn't really bother us.

This was our first time to Whistler. If we make it back there I would stay at the Westin again.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pumbelchook
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The location is very convenient, very close to the gondolas and you can ski-in to this property. The lady at the front desk found us a cozy studio in the east tower that is right by the Whistler gondola, with a nice little patio and a view of the village plaza below. The staff was great. Almost everything about this place was great. As mentioned in a few other reviews, some of the parking spots are too cramped. But it was not a problem for us on this visit as there were many available spaces. All said, we had a great stay! Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
1  Thank Skibmm
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I am typically a very loyal Westin patron as I have stayed at this hotel chain and other Starwood hotels almost more than my home this past year. However, during this particular stay at the Westin Resort in Whistler, I was extremely disappointed by unforeseen charges that were applied to my bill at the end of my stay. Firstly, when I asked the front desk during check in where I could park my car, I was told to get a ticket for my dashboard from the valet and park in the underground lot. Despite speaking to various hotel members, I was never informed of the parking charge. This was not posted anywhere in the underground parking lot (apparently there was a sign when you first enter the drive way but since I took a different route into the parking lot, I could not see this sign). During a stay of 5 days, I racked up $150 plus tax in just parking charges! Had I known the ridiculous fee I would have to pay for parking, I would probably park in a public lot.

On top of this, I was incorrectly charged for ski valet, which I stopped using after the first day because I found out later it cost $8 per use. Nevertheless, the hotel managed to charge me for 5 days.

For the extra $200 I spent on extraneous fees, I probably should have just stayed at another hotel. I was very disappointed with the service and what I perceive as underhanded, extraneous charges. I will probably never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends