The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Whistler Village Suites(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$99
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Sundial Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$171
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$115
Hotels.com
US$265
  • Restaurant
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$152
  • Pool
Aava Whistler Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
US$219
2,207 results
All reviewsski valeteast towerheavenly bedfirerock loungespg pointsone bedroom suiteper dayself parkski schoolfull kitchenhot tubgas fireplacedriving rangesmall kitchencan't beat the locationend of the dayski equipment
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Perfect spot at the base of Whistler. Very clean. Helpful staff. Doormen shuttled us to dinner and were great.

Not the biggest rooms or best Westin on the the planet ( We are Gold SPG members )
but location is why you'll stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Lifts w/balcony are nice in the spring.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank guy15
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at the Westin and may well be the last. Reasons:
Internet charges - they wanted 200 dollars for our 2 week stay. All we want to do was check a bit of email and do some Facebook updates. Just about everywhere else in whistler is free.

Room updates - they 'updated' their rooms a few years ago apparently. They should really sack their designer because the pseudo-chalet pine they have everywhere is pretty cheesy. Ours came with complimentary mildew around the windows from all the condensation. Didn't seem to be an extractor working in the bathroom either.

Over-zealous room service staff - kept knocking the door at 0800 hrs asking when we'd be leaving the room. Some friends in another room took their kids to ski school at 0800 and got back to find them cleaning at 0815....and then had to try to get ready for skiing with the cleaning staff hoovering around them.

Their 'green policy' thing is a joke - if you forego housekeeping they give you a voucher for 5 dollars to spend in any of their bars, eateries, etc.....this won't even buy a coffee.

Lockers in pool changing room don't work. Sauna about as hot as yesterday's soup. Pool tiny.

Used To get some good early booking upgrades with the Westin - not any more.

I think we'll be looking somewhere else for next year.

Simon and Sue, Aberdeen UK.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Simon M
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Everything was great except hot tub and pool area not big enough to accommodate the number of guests. Staff at ski rental could have been more knowledgable about the mountain, but overall a good experience.
We will stay there again

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Our greeting at the hotel was great, unfortunately that was about it.

After getting settled in our room there was a lot, I mean a lot of noise coming from above. So much so that at one point the stucco on the celling came off a little. We called to the front desk, they said they would go up and take care of it – a couple hours after the fact nothing had changed, I called down again. (It was actually worse at times.)

I asked to be moved, we were. However, the bellman who moved us said he did go up but didn’t knock because he didn’t hear “that much noise” from the hallway.

We finally got into room number two – unpacked once again, now running behind on our dinner plans – and our nice relaxing, quiet afternoon (for my boyfriend's birthday) was anything but.

Just before heading for the door I open the cupboard and to my surprise there was lipstick still on a couple of the wine glasses, and some crusted stuff on three out of the four drinking glasses - which looked like they were used and just put back in the cupboard.

In the morning when we went to check out the woman at the front desk asked how our stay was, I said very politely loud and not that clean. Her response “I guess that’s what happens when you come up on a busy weekend.”

I did get a general email asking how our stay was and saying if I had any issues to email the manger, which I did, four days ago….still haven’t heard a word back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kari l
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Kari,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review here. Please accept my sincere apologies that you didn't experience the restful and relaxing stay that you deserve. Most importantly I regret that your interactions with our team didn't reflect the care and attention we strive to provide to every guest. I'm afraid we can't track down the email you mentioned sending. May I ask you to forward it to me (bryce.beatty@westinwhistler.com) so I can personally connect with you?

Bryce Beatty
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I spent 2 nights at this resort with friends for a ski trip. I’ve stayed at quite a few of the resorts in Whistler but this one is definitely one of my favorites because of service and location. It’s one of the best in Whistler. This was also my first stay since the décor updates made in 2010. The service is fantastic. It is perfectly situated, within steps to the base gondolas and adjacent to Whistler village so you enjoy the luxury of walking to all of the shops and restaurants without being directly over any of the shops and restaurants, enjoying some quiet and privacy. They offer a ski valet and conveniently collect ski equipment in the afternoon from the base of the mountain. Whistler Mountain operates a ski rental facility in the hotel which is very convenient. The rooms are well appointed, and comfortable with that mountain chalet look and as I mentioned, the décor updates refreshed the look and feel of the hotel. All of the rooms have a gas fireplace. My room had a small balcony which was nice as well. The kitchen was well equipped and the bathroom was very large with full soaking tub and stand-up shower. My only complaint about the room is that feels quite small. I had forgotten how crowded the bedroom was. If you’re looking for a longer stay, you might feel claustrophobic, especially if you want to pack your whole family into this 1-bedroom suite. My other complaint is the pool and hot tub area. Both are so small and I feel they really missed the boat when designing it.

Room Tip: Only take a 'Mountain View' room if you're above the tree line (floor 8/9), otherwise you'll be paying mountain view for forest view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank anthonytravels
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear anthonytravels,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your stay! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. There are a variety of layouts within each suite category, so on your next visit you can request a suite with larger square footage that will hopefully be more comfortable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Stay well,