2,327 results
All reviewsski valeteast towerheavenly bedfirerock loungespg pointsone bedroom suiteper dayself parkfull kitchenski schoolhot tubgas fireplacedriving rangesmall kitchencan't beat the locationend of the dayski equipment
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We booked a last minute getaway on the Whistler Blackcomb website. We booked on a last minute blind booking type of deal. We were very happy to see that we got the Westin for a very good rate. This hotel is beautiful. It is centrally located. We parked out car and that is where it stayed the whole time. We could walk everywhere in the village. We were travelling with a toddler, and all of the staff were very kind and happy to see him. They accomadated us with a crib, and crib bedding. The room was very nice with a gas fireplace and soaker tub. There was also a kitchenette which makes travelling with a small child much easier. The only thing is the bathroom was very small. Not a big deal as the hotel room makes up for it. Our room faced the gondola and we had a small patio. We had a sweet little chipmunk greet us at the glass door every morning. The pool area is very nice. There is a large pool in which you can swim from the inside to the outside. There is also an indoor hot tub and out door. The outdoor has a nice mountain view to look at while you relax. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definately stay there again. We will also book again through the whislter website. We were very happy with the service we received from them.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
1  Thank sunseekertheresa
Reviewed June 12, 2012

From the time of arrival to the time I left, my experience at the Westin Whistler Resort & Spa was phenomenal. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, and attentive (an A++, as I'm admittedly high maintenance). My room was comfortable, spacious, and had a great view of Whistler village. The beds are TO DIE FOR! They're like sleeping on a cloud. I've officially dubbed this hotel my new home away from home.

The hotel's restaurant, The Aubergine Grill, is of the best quality. I had both dinner, and breakfast the following day at the location, and the staff was happy to answer any questions I had about the menu.

I finished off my stay with a visit to the hotel's spa (Avello). Again, great quality. I highly recommend the Relaxation Massage, followed by a milk bath (you'll thank me after).

Bottom line: Stay here.

x
B

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BrittanyBlair
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our first trip to Whistler and we weren't disappointed. With an entrance just 50m from where the main gondola drops you off, you can't complain about this location. Just a little bit removed from the noise of the village which is great. Our room looked out over the pine trees - so when we woke up in the morning we could see if there was fresh snow on the trees. The indoor/outdoor pool and spa were a necessity after a hard day's skiing - I'm only a beginner skiier so the slopes were quite challenging for me - but I still had a wonderful time. There's so much to do in the village that you can't get bored. Our bed was super comfortable - Westin do pride themselves on their heavenly beds and it was exactly that! The lobby area is nice and relaxing too - with the open fire we just sat there for a couple of hours one afternoon and relaxed in the big wing chairs! I'd recommend this hotel - it would suit families or couples like us! Ski valet is an additional cost - we found that we hired from the local village supplier - over the internet - and saved ourselves quite a bit of money!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Squirrel6969,

Thank you for staying with us on your first Whistler vacation! We are glad to have welcomed you all the way from Australia and are delighted to see that you enjoyed so much of what our wonderful destination has to offer. We hope your travels bring you back to stay with us again soon.

Stay well,
Eric Eikeland
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Traveled on business to attend a retreat. Very "Arts & Crafts" style building as per the early 20th century architecture, which is lovely to look at. Front entrance was welcoming and cosy to sit by the fireplace as long as outside doors by the concierge desk were not opened. (Brrrr)
Front desk personnel were average on check in....no superfulous info provided as we were part of a large group, I guess?!?
Bellmen/parking people were EXCELLENT at all times with our many requests.
Restaurant and lounge staff were friendly and stayed on top of our large group when we "invaded" their areas. 18% gratuity was added to everything, I thought because we were a large group, but it seemed that that's what's done in Whistler! We did try the room service menu and were stunned by the price of breakfast ($87 in total.) The waiters were prompt, that was nice.
Housekeeping staff kept the rooms tidy. The room layout left me feeling rather "closed in."
The bathroom had a separate soaker tub and shower stall, which was great for our needs.
We requested a king bed on check in and got "one of the last rooms" with that amenity. We were originally slated for a queen bed and queen pull out sofa....not my favourite configuration when traveling with my husband. Most others in our group did get the queen/queen rooms and were not necessarily pleased. Our room was near the elevator shaft and we could hear it running especially when we were in bed (UGH!) Bed and bedding were comfy.
The TV reception was not the greatest as we'd lose the digital signal occassionally while watching. That must be a Whistler thing.
The balcony was the size of a postage stamp so we did not use it at all.
I hid the EXPENSIVE treats, offered in the mini bar, in the oven so we were not tempted to partake of them in a moment of weakness. WOW, those are some prices!!! We did not use the kitchen in room but considered it a bonus for a family of skiiers when traveling with children.
There is excellent accessibility to the Whistler Village Walk as this hotel is at one end of the walk. Access is through the outside doors by the lounge/restaurant on the 1st floor (NOT the lobby level, but actually UP two floors.)
We would probably try another hotel if we are in Whistler again, but would recommend this property to friends and family visiting there.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for a room with a KING size bed if that's what you're used to at home. 2. Ask to be away from the elevators if possible (less noise in the bedroom!)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here recently for a business conference for 4 nights.

This hotel is located right on the edge of Whistler Village. After an approximately 2 hour drive from Vancouver airport, I quickly found the hotel off of the main drag in Whistler - it is very easy to find.

I was taken aback almost immediately by the $30 self-park fee, or the $34 valet fee. By any measure, this is ridiculous, and this is only just the beginning.

The hotel itself looks very nice - it has a 'rustic' feel to the lobby and exterior - very Whistler. Check in was smooth and painless, with many staff on hand to help out. A map of Whistler village was given on check in, but nothing was mentioned of any other amenities or services the hotel provided. Would have been useful to know, as one can access the village very quickly from the elevators, but it's not readily apparent unless someone tells you!

The room itself was up to Westin standards - a wonderfully puffy bed with super soft covers and pillows, and since I had a 'suite', a fireplace (not used in the spring/summer obviously), a hot plate, a full size sink, a small fridge, and even a full set of dishes and dishwasher. Very nice! The bathroom was spacious and well laid out as well.

As far as location, this hotel is almost ideal. You are 3 minutes from the gondolas, and a short 10 minute walk from anything else in the village. At this time of year, you'll be surrounded by mountain bikers - stay a while to watch them flying down the mountain!

My problems with this hotel center almost exclusively on service and price.

1) Despite the relatively high room rate, there is a charge for internet - approximately $15 per day. On the day of my arrival, I was charged for internet even though the internet was down for approximately 12 hours. This was chalked up to issues with Telus. No apology given.

2) The internet would go down intermittently over the next 3 days - again, all blamed on Telus, a 3rd party provider. No apology, no refund. Just rudeness.

3) Prices for everything apart from the vending machine soda are atrocious. If you want room service, a somewhat small basic breakfast will cost $20, plus $4 room service charge, plus 17% tip, plus HST. Your breakfast will quickly run to $30 with this structure, all for 2 eggs, a couple of sausages, and a handful of home fries. The story gets no better for other meals.

4) Wake up call requests are either ignored or forgotten. After 2 days of not getting them, I programmed double alarms on my phone.

5) Perhaps this isn't strictly a 'business' hotel, but I found it very odd that there was a complete lack of outlets in the room - so much so that I had to unplug nightstand lamps to accomodate an iPad charger (and then a Blackberry charger). Just an overall odd setup.

Overall, the Westin in Whistler does all the surface things right you expect from any Westin - nice rooms, nice building...but misses on the things that you sometimes take for granted at larger hotels - namely service, and that feeling that you're a welcomed guest.

If ever in Whistler again, I will certainly not be staying here unless for business.

Room Tip: Facing the mountain is always a good bet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TravellingDudeMan

Dear TravellingDudeMan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your mention of all the areas of your stay that you enjoyed, though we are very disappointed to see where we fell short in service delivery. Though our WiFi service was indeed at the mercy of the only provider at the resort, our team should have better empathized with your troubles and compensated you accordingly. We must also offer our sincere apologies for missing your wake up calls. This should not have happened. I recognize that we certainly did not put our best foot forward during your stay with us, but I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to show you the high level of service we are known for. Please feel free to email me at eric.eikeland@westinwhistler.com so I can personally assist with your arrangements.

Stay well,