2,329 results
All reviewsski valeteast towerheavenly bedfirerock loungespg pointsone bedroom suiteper dayself parkfull kitchenski schoolhot tubgas fireplacedriving rangesmall kitchencan't beat the locationend of the dayski equipment
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Ii was lucky not only to be in Whistler for the first time(hopefully not the last) but to be lodged in this wonderful hotel located in a great sky resort surrounded by beautiful sights and surroundings.
The hotel rooms are just excellent, so cozy and confortable (specially their beds!),
I am awaiting to go there again !

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Amiramour
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Booked a junior suite #770 for 3 days for ski vacation.
First, you have a kitchen, but no table and chairs to eat! If I cook my meals, one can assume I'll need a place to eat what I cooked! Coffee machine didn't work well, stainless steel frying pan not convenient. There was mold in the shower. NOT 5-STAR LEVEL in any way.
The room was rather small, the gas fireplace didn't produce any significant heat to dry our boots.
The lamp at the desk didn't have an electrical outlet, which means you had to do some contorsions to get under that desk and reach the very far power bar.
The king split bet was so soft you could really feel the <split> bed.
The fridge was not clean when we got it.
The hot tub/pool were not in service, we didn't know prior to booking, and even if there was an arrangement with the Hilton, it might have made us change our mind about that hotel for our stay.

The junior suite we got was about the level of 3-star (Doubletree, Holiday Inn, etc.). The lobby and other amenities look like a 5-star, location is great.

In the end, this hotel did not meet my expectations, yes it's close to the gondola, however, what's the point of booking a room with a kitchen if 1) I cannot even get a decent coffee maker 2) I don't even have a table to sit at and 3) I shower in mold and 4) I have to walk to the next hotel for the hot tub.

Also, parking is $24 a night, internet $15 a day, service charge if you put things to your bill extra %18.

Definitely not a good value for your money - we paid $98 / night for our stay and frankly we would have stayed in any 3-star condo with a room and I think we would have had a more convenient kitchen room.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Genevieve9
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We stayed in a junior suite - it has a galley kitchen tucked in at the entrance - great if you are staying a week since the breakfast buffet downstairs at $26 was mediocre and lunch at the Red Lounge was unremarkable. The junior studio room is spacious with a fireplace, wireless and a sitting area. Checkin and valet was efficient and very friendly. We have stayed at the Fairmont and Hilton in Whistler before, and the Westin is in keeping with the same standards. At the Westin, you have a little kitchen which feels more like a condo than a hotel room, as in the Fairmont and Hilton. It is centrally located in the village, and a quick walk everywhere. Our room was clean, updated, and the concierge was really helpful. The "service plus" service called just before our late checkout, and asked if we wanted a bellman and our car from the valet - this was very helpful. This is in keeping with our stay at other Westins, but Whistler had much more of a "condo" feel with the full kitchen facilities (fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave, two-burner stove, and all supplies). It's perfect if you are staying for a few days, or have kids. The indoor and outdoor hottubs were always busy, and the little pool is good for kids but not swiming laps. If you want a better pool scene, stay at the Fairmont. The fitness room was great.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Westin in Whistler Village. We’d recommend it to anyone going to Whistler to ski. Although, truthfully, it appears that there are so many decent lodging options in the Village. We’d recommend the East Rooms – as they have views of the Whistler Gondola, Blackcomb Mt, and Whistler Village. We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 9th floor. I’d recommend this as it had the great view, fireplace, and the best was a vaulted ceiling. It was a spacious room. The hotel breakfast (buffet) was amazing, but also expensive. Ended up about $70 for two people. Our only complaint about the hotel was one of the two hot tubs was out of order. For a hotel that big there should be more than one tiny hot tub for guests to use. For dining, we’d recommend Sachi Suchi at the other end of the village. Get the mango rolls. Great food and great service.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed April 4, 2008

This may not be a 5* hotel such as the Four Seasons (down the road) but you'll be hard put to find such a level of service anywhere. When we arrived, eight hours out after a nine hour flight we were put in a room that we just didn't feel happy with. In an instant we were upgraded to a two bed suite until what we wanted became free. Whatever we asked for arrived at high speed. The staff could not have been more friendly. We are not the easiest of guests (I promise) and for me to say how great our experience has been here should reassure anyone planning to stay here. We would definitely come again. Give them a try.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family